The world's 100,3343,22 Nickelback bashing thread...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1742
    They did a good cover of Don Henley's Dirty Laundry...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1460
    edited July 11
    rsvmark said:
    That thing about Blunt being funny on social media has well run its course by now. He knows that's what people are expecting of him now. 
    For me it’s his responses to people being twattish to him on line and dealing with it. What ever inspires them to be a twat, rather than engage, he slaps them down with largely self deprecating humour. Fair play to him for his way of dealing with trolls
    True, but the "joke" has run its course for me. About 10 years ago!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73539
    To be fair, I’m not actually sure I detest them more than Guns ’n’ Roses. I absolutely despise Rock Star, but the rest isn’t quite as bad.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• LeftianLeftian Frets: 29
    No one likes all music. Horses for courses etc. Both James Blunt and Nickleback had massive success with multiple hits on the same album because they wrote music that connected with  a lot of people. They didn’t deserve what amounted to bullying on an industrial scale, society needs to check itself on that. Most of Nickleback’s music is simply good fun, but Far Away connected with my Wife an I in a massive way, it is the story of our relationship, sometimes good songwriting does that. 
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 422
    I like How You Remind Me but I haven't heard it for years. I'm not sure I've ever knowingly heard another Nickelback song.

Mentioned above were Shed Seven who I think were undeservedly bracketed with those other cringe inducing acts, I would file Keane alongside the likes of Embrace, Toploader etc and Shed Seven alongside The Longpigs and Space.

Also mentioned above, Bush. My best mate of almost 52 years bought me Razorblade Suitcase for my 29th birthday.
    Inauthentic? I think not. I still listen to it occasionally now. Interested to learn today that it was produced by Steve Albini who also produced my favourite Nirvana album.

Anyway I'm off to listen to some Waylon Jennings bootlegs.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    edited July 12 tFB Trader
    I wonder if James Blunt or Nickelback are the last generation of bands that will attract this kind of hate. 

The problem isn't so much that they were that bad it's more that they were a bit annoying and became ubiquitous. 

In the modern world you can have situations where Seventeen and SZA are at Glastonbury are legitimately huge artists and loads of people have no idea who they are (and not just old people).

If you were a teenage grunge, or metal fan in the 90's there was no way you hadn't heard the Spice Girls or Take That, but it's very likely that a metal fan these days will have no idea about what 90% of the teen pop sounds like because everything is personalised streaming. 

I think Justin Bieber was the first artist who was a huge stadium selling pop artist where I hadn't heard a single song of his.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12809
    Because Chad Kroeger used to go out with Avril Lavigne.
    I'm just jealous really. 
    Did she say "see ya later boi"?

It happens - plus ya know, Vampire.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...