Which Neunaber Wet?

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1460
in FX
I have a lovely Walrus Audio Slo, which has me sorted for modulate reverbs. I am looking at a neutral but good reverb beside it. Maybe an always on, maybe now.
The Neunaber Wet looks to have those pristine clean reverb sounds, but there are 5 versions! I suppose the latest version would have two reverb options. But the previous versions look ok to me.
Or to hell with it and get a Strymon Timeline ! :) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    Get a Neunaber Immerse MKii if you can 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1460
    A cracking pedal but I don’t want to have to be bending down twiddling knobs to change presets etc 
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 325
    edited July 1
    It can depend on what sort of person you are, @Creed_Clicks . I have a v3 Neunanber Wet mono and its simplicity keeps my decision making simple while still having a broader range and depth of luscious reverb sounds than I use. Do you prefer to spend the whole gig selecting and twiddling or just playing?

And yes, for me a reverb is an always on pedal, even when the amount I use is very little.
    @Whistler nope I don’t want to be bending down knob fiddling ! My eyesight isn’t the best either to be doing it in a dimly lit room !
  • NoiseNoise Frets: 10
    I prefer the original Wet to the W3t algorithm. For me, that means V2 pedals and prior. Also be aware;

Only the V2 stereo pedals can go 100% wet signal. The V1s (identified by the green in the logo) can only go 50/50  wet/dry.

Any of the V2 pedals can be any of the others using the software. Seeing chroma chorus or echelon pedals cheaper than the wet? Same pedal, if you can deal with the graphic not matching what's in there you're golden. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3496
    edited June 29
    Noise said:
    I prefer the original Wet to the W3t algorithm. For me, that means V2 pedals and prior. Also be aware;

Only the V2 stereo pedals can go 100% wet signal. The V1s (identified by the green in the logo) can only go 50/50  wet/dry.

Any of the V2 pedals can be any of the others using the software. Seeing chroma chorus or echelon pedals cheaper than the wet? Same pedal, if you can deal with the graphic not matching what's in there you're golden. 
    Me too, I love the original algorithm. I have an Illumine and that does it all but I use the V1 setting 99.9% of the time. I do wish they'd include all the Illumine algorithms in the plugin.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    ah 100% wet would be useful ! Only other pedal that was very similar was the mojo hand park theatre 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19795
    Noise said:

Good idea.
    What I did was to get a cheap Echelon then get an ExP Audio Expander Controller (now discontinued I think).
    This way you can download & have access to most of the V2 pedals at once.
    Noise said:
    The V1s (identified by the green in the logo) can only go 50/50  wet/dry.

So this isn't a V3 then? https://reverb.com/item/76729704-neunaber-audio-wet-mono-reverb-v3-2012-2013-black-blue
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 325
    edited July 1
    That looks exactly like my v3 which I bought new in August 2013.
    I have seen a good offer on the latest model, not too much more expensive than the V2 and has the original and new algorithm.
  • NoiseNoise Frets: 10
    Sorry for any confusion. My post above only applies to the stereo pedals. The mono pedals can all do 100% wet and have their own versions. Only the stereo (expanse) pedals can switch algorithms via the software. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3496
    There's a good offer on my illumine in the ads too! ;-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Mr_ClawMr_Claw Frets: 102
    This for sure. Brilliant 'verb and includes the WET algorithm. I only sold mine (with a True Spring) to fund a UAFX Golden to cover the spring/plate thing. 

The Golden does pseudo-analog better than the Immerse, but I miss the super clean giant ambient thing the Neunaber does sooooo well...
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    Mr_Claw said:
    This for sure. Brilliant 'verb and includes the WET algorithm. I only sold mine (with a True Spring) to fund a UAFX Golden to cover the spring/plate thing. 

The Golden does pseudo-analog better than the Immerse, but I miss the super clean giant ambient thing the Neunaber does sooooo well...
    Interestingly I have settled on the same two verbs 
    I ended up getting a red panda context v1 ! 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    I must say I didn't love the Wet (v2) compared to others including Strymon, MXR, or Hardwire 

It had a slapbacky pre delay you couldn't dial out.
  • I have a V2 mono. It’s a very nice reverb, but requires moderate settings. The tone control at about 9 o’clock is neutral to my ears. I bought it to replace a stolen flint. I like a stereo reverb for the 2 amps thing. It’s a nice reverb. Not my absolute favourite, but I don’t feel compelled to spend hundreds replacing it. Given the choice again, I’d go back to Strymon. 
    I had the Zcat reverb which sounds similar but seemed to have a big reverb sound all the time. A good sound but at the time I wanted something more “neutral” sounding.