Full size humbuckers that sound more like single coils?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3219
    Ask Ash @OilCityPickups ;to wind you as many Val Tone pickups as you require, an out of the ordinary Single Coil in a Humbucker size, pretty much noiseless due to the design.

You may have to sell a kidney! I put mine in a guitar worth less than the pickups and I am more chuffed than a chuffed thing…..
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Another possibility is the Keyztone Rekoil pedals. They're a French builder and I'm surprised they haven't got more interest—guitarists would rather buy more guitars, I guess.

There's the white Rekoil pedal at €99.17 which makes humbuckers sound like single coils (only works with passive pickups and a cabled connection, so must do something impedance-related) or the full-fat Exchanger Pro which claims to make any pickup type sound like any other. I haven't tried one but if they do what they claim I think it's pretty amazing.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    SD P-Rails?

Three quite usable modes, plus the rail on its own.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15225
    Wizzed.

The rail coil fellates. I rarely use the parallel mode either.

paulnb57 said:
    Val Tone pickups as you require, an out of the ordinary Single Coil in a Humbucker size, pretty much noiseless due to the design.

You may have to sell a kidney! I put mine in a guitar worth less than the pickups and I am more chuffed than a chuffed thing…..
    The Eastwood VVS is a replica Valco single coil inside a humbucker cover. Possibly more affordable than OCP but, probably, less accurately detailed on the inside.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    Wizzed.

The rail coil fellates. I rarely use the parallel mode either.

I liked parallel. There are probably uses for the rail on its own, but it's better supporting the other two.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4155
    Another possibility is the Keyztone Rekoil pedals. They're a French builder and I'm surprised they haven't got more interest—guitarists would rather buy more guitars, I guess.

There's the white Rekoil pedal at €99.17 which makes humbuckers sound like single coils (only works with passive pickups and a cabled connection, so must do something impedance-related) or the full-fat Exchanger Pro which claims to make any pickup type sound like any other. I haven't tried one but if they do what they claim I think it's pretty amazing.

That sounds pretty good…
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    Turn a tone pot into a bass cut?
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 258
    Wizzed.

The Eastwood VVS is a replica Valco single coil inside a humbucker cover. Possibly more affordable than OCP but, probably, less accurately detailed on the inside.
    Those VVS pickups are great. I really liked them in the Airline 3 pickup one I borrowed. 
  • Thornbucker, all day long. 
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 686
    Humbucker sized firebird pickup + 500k pots.

I also find Monty's PAF set have some characteristics of a single coil.