Dweezil Zappa Signature - Shabat Lynx DX

What's Hot
newi123newi123 Frets: 949
Looks fab - great spec. Sounds great (although he makes anything sound great)

Properly hand crafted, so guess it`s order one and take the wife to the US to pop in and collect! :-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3668
    4.5k usd for the signature guitar of a nepobaby
    What a joke
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 382
    No more of a joke than pretty much any other 4.5k guitar really. 
    And nepobaby or not, he’s still a fucking great musician. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 1075
    I know I’m old but wtf is a nepobaby?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 306

I'm guessing that it's somebody who wouldn't be where he is today without his famous father (as in Nepotism).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Chopped in 2 nice guitars for a Shabat at Andertons. couldn’t get on with it. Thought maybe the ebony board or fender scale length. Went back and changed for a Derrico Sig. again, couldn’t quite gel. Didn’t clean up in a way I liked, even though the Lolars would suggest it would. Changed that and a small amount of cash for a Murphy Lab LP and swapped some Cream T pickups in it. My happy place. They’re cool guitars, but I think I bought into the hype. For a more Fendery type, I think Suhr and Anderson smoke them. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25054
    donbot said:
    No more of a joke than pretty much any other 4.5k guitar really. 
    And nepobaby or not, he’s still a fucking great musician. 
    I've seen him live a couple of times, they were great gigs. 
    But maybe he should've never had the temerity to take up guitar, and been a quantity surveyor or something.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1433
    edited June 30
    Love use of the word nepobaby. Do yoo shout at the local "XXX & Son" businesses"?  Those children off plumbers, butchers, builders etc don't know what it's like in the real world!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1244
    tFB Trader
    I believe its a term morons use to describe the children of famous people doing something they love and they're pretty good at, usually when they can't find the sudacrem to soothe their sore arsehole ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16659
    The term nepo baby is probably better saved for someone like Brooklyn Beckham who gets opportunities that most people don't despite a lack of any obvious talent. In Dweezil's case well yes a little bit early on but he's also done a lot of hard work and has a lot of talent. Properly amazing talent really. And seems to be a really nice chap. 
    Didn't he have a signature Gibson at one point? Or did they miss that opportunity. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Didn't he have a signature Gibson at one point? Or did they miss that opportunity. 
    He had an SG which was a repro of his father's "Roxy" SG.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    He also had a wacky PRS model, I don't know if it was commercially available.

PRS Guitars  Dweezil Zappa Limited Run Private Stock Semi-Hollow
    PRS Dweezil Zappa Limited Private Stock 55 OFF
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 306
    S56035 said:
    Love use of the word nepobaby. Do yoo shout at the local "XXX & Son" businesses"?  Those children off plumbers, butchers, builders etc don't know what it's like in the real world!

Locally, we have an electrical company "& Father", and plumbers "& Daughter".
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15225
    I'm guessing that it's somebody who wouldn't be where he is today without his famous father (as in Nepotism).
    In the entertainment business, connections can open doors for a newcomer. Those doors will not be held open for long if Junior cannot sing, play, dance, act, write, excel at Sports or whatever it was that the parent was known for.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Frankly (and I use that term advisedly) nobody on this forum can come close to Dweezil’s talent or humour.

FFS. <face palm>

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 252
    In the entertainment business, connections can open doors for a newcomer. Those doors will not be held open for long if Junior cannot sing, play, dance, act, write, excel at Sports or whatever it was that the parent was known for.

The modern entertainment business values looks and name recognition above talent eg Kardashians.

Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1432
    Philly_Q said:
    He also had a wacky PRS model, I don't know if it was commercially available.

PRS Guitars  Dweezil Zappa Limited Run Private Stock Semi-Hollow
    PRS Dweezil Zappa Limited Private Stock 55 OFF
    I like that better than the regular PRS shape. It has offset/Cloud guitar vibes. 

Also, I’m not a fan of his music but this is one of the most interesting “The Collection” videos https://youtu.be/GDWo8blebpU?si=nFxduEbpBKO2mtvJ
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4498
    I believe its a term morons use to describe the children of famous people doing something they love and they're pretty good at, usually when they can't find the sudacrem to soothe their sore arsehole ;)
    Although on the other hand...Colin Hanks.

• Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 340
    Dweez is an absolute ledge. He’s also a relatively humble chap and chooses to mostly play the music of his father to appease his many long standing fans. Frank was (in my worthless opinion) one of the greatest musicians ever to walk the planet. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 949
    Dweez is an absolute ledge. He’s also a relatively humble chap and chooses to mostly play the music of his father to appease his many long standing fans. Frank was (in my worthless opinion) one of the greatest musicians ever to walk the planet. 
    I`m not actually a huge fan of his music - but I`m inclined to agree here. Much more than just a great guitarist he was a composer and artist. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3265
    he described himself as an 'arranger'.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'