• jamesoliver1234jamesoliver1234 Frets: 1269
    dweezil is a great guitar player! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3893
    nepobaby lol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    impmann said:
    Frankly (and I use that term advisedly) nobody on this forum can come close to Dweezil’s talent or humour.

FFS. <face palm>

Is he so funny? 
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1590
    Loobs said:
    impmann said:
    Frankly (and I use that term advisedly) nobody on this forum can come close to Dweezil’s talent or humour.

FFS. <face palm>

Is he so funny? 
    Well, anyone who names a track "Return of the son of shoogagoogagunga" at least has a sense of humour ;)

That PRS body shape bears quite a likeness to the old Eggle Berlin - with the shorter treble-side horn. And I realise the irony there.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4713
    edited July 2
    In terms of the nepo stuff, yes - he had opportunities that most of us wouldn't. He's also an absolutely monster guitarist. Go and see him play, you won't be disappointed. Nepo or not, I'm glad I get to hear him.

Also, it's a double-edged sword. I'm not sure I'd want those opportunities of his to then live in a family that's very sadly and very publicly self-destructing, with damaged relationships amongst siblings that you feel will never heal. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25054
    Kalimna said:
    Well, anyone who names a track "Return of the son of shoogagoogagunga" at least has a sense of humour ;)
    The cover of Stayin' Alive with about a million guitar solos and Donny Osmond on vocals was pretty funny, too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4406
    Kalimna said:
    Loobs said:
    impmann said:

FFS. <face palm>

Is he so funny? 

That PRS body shape bears quite a likeness to the old Eggle Berlin - with the shorter treble-side horn. And I realise the irony there.
    "I forgot the fuckin' words, man!"
    "Duuuude, don't say that!"
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 949
    Philly_Q said:
    Kalimna said:
    The cover of Stayin' Alive with about a million guitar solos and Donny Osmond on vocals was pretty funny, too. 
    It was originally supposed to be Ozzy wasn`t it? Donny Osmond is perfect tho! 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13906
    newi123 said:
    Dweez is an absolute ledge. He’s also a relatively humble chap and chooses to mostly play the music of his father to appease his many long standing fans. Frank was (in my worthless opinion) one of the greatest musicians ever to walk the planet. 
    I`m not actually a huge fan of his music - but I`m inclined to agree here. Much more than just a great guitarist he was a composer and artist. 
    Agree.  Don't own a single Mothers album but I can appreciate his creativity and ability without necessarily liking his music.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13906
    Kalimna said:

I'm put in mind of the Hamer Eclipse.
    newi123 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Kalimna said:
    I think the Ozzy version might have ended up as a bonus track on a compilation or something, his record label wouldn't allow it at the time.  It's probably better with Donny anyway!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    newi123 said:
    Dweez is an absolute ledge. He’s also a relatively humble chap and chooses to mostly play the music of his father to appease his many long standing fans. Frank was (in my worthless opinion) one of the greatest musicians ever to walk the planet. 
    I`m not actually a huge fan of his music - but I`m inclined to agree here. Much more than just a great guitarist he was a composer and artist. 
    Agree.  Don't own a single Mothers album but I can appreciate his creativity and ability without necessarily liking his music.
    I've got about 80 Zappa albums, but I don't listen to them very often.  Some of them are hard work, some of them are amazing.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    Philly_Q said:
    newi123 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Kalimna said:
    I think the Ozzy version might have ended up as a bonus track on a compilation or something, his record label wouldn't allow it at the time.  It's probably better with Donny anyway!
    See I remember it as being Donny Osmond but whenever I search it on the internet it comes up as Ozzy ! 
    DrBob said:
    See I remember it as being Donny Osmond but whenever I search it on the internet it comes up as Ozzy ! 
    Donny: 

Ozzy:

:)
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4406
    I prefer the Donny version. Haven't listened for a while, but most of the guitar solos are Zakk Wylde and Nuno Bettencourt aren't they?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Dweezil, Zakk, Nuno, Warren de Martini and Tim Pierce I think, not necessarily in that order.
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    newi123 said:
    I've got about 80 Zappa albums, but I don't listen to them very often.  Some of them are hard work, some of them are amazing.
    80!? wow