What is your Magic Duo?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1212
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Supro 1310 Tremolo into Fredric Blue Monarch.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7892
    Keefy said:
    For a good while it was Digitech Bad Monkey into Ibanez SD9, but only because it was what I had.

These days I only tend to stack drives when I’m playing a lower-output guitar that needs a bit of help. So for example Strat > Peacekeeper > RevivalDrive (with clean blend) sounds epic.

Calling @TimmyO who by his own admission is a drive-stacking fool!
    it's true. I wish it wasn't. 

I have particularly enjoyed a Timmy and a Lightspeed. 

Currently it's a Klone and a Lightspeed.   
    Red ones are better. 
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    Fuzz face into a golden horse. 
  • FezFez Frets: 556
    Like @Flanging_Fred I tend not to stack drive pedals that much usually TC mini boost after a Falloutcloud or gunshot. However a Peacekeeper and Gunshot work great together either way round.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 429
    accidentally stumbled on the perfect pairing for Tele bridge into a slightly pushed clean channel.

Dug the fuzz out as I was going to sell it. Something about the tonebender sound just doesn’t work for me - a bit lifeless. I ran it into the BP-1w on my usual RE mode & it sounded awful. Before giving up, I switched it to RE mode & dropped the gain on the fuzz. Glorious thick, smooth drive. It’s just so satisfying  <3

• It changes, but nearly always a boost into a drive. I don’t need the extra headroom volume of the reverse as my gigging amps have multiple masters and fx loops. I prefer the feel of layering gain stages this way. Adds some excitement and harmonic content.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom