Best multi effects processor for home pc with monitors setup?

What's Hot
xwoozorxwoozor Frets: 6
Hi guys.  Looking at getting a new electric as ive been over a year without one.  I will be picking up a tele or strat undecided as of yet.  My style of playing is various but love my blues and twang as well as alex hutchings style of playing.

Whats the best multi effects processor you reccomend out now?  As I will only be using through pc and monitors and headphones at other times.

cheers all.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Pod desktop might be of use
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    There are a million options depending on budget, Andertons have a great offer on a Pod HD300 at the moment, but there are tons of others too. If you are running through monitors you'll need one with speaker emulation as well as effects
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    I use the Zoom G3 in this configuration with M-Audio monitors. I'm very happy with my sound for home jamming, Plus it's got a drum machine that sync's to  the looper which makes it a really great practice/song writing tool. I have a Fender Mustang 1 and a Blues Deluxe that never get switched on at home because the Zoom does such a good job. Decent with headphones also.
  • A pod Hd
  • The best I've come across is the Eleven Rack - at least at a reasonable price. Second hand, they go for £300 - £400, and they really do sound excellent (as well as allowing some cool recording features, like reamping).
    <space for hire>
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4212
    Boss GT Pro would be your best option imho s/h they can be picked up for a song
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    I've found the best most natural way to get your guitar on to PC is the following:

Take FX send from real tube amp and turn master volume down

Into PC via soundcard input (works fine for me - Asus essence ST)

Use a DAW like reaper, it's free to try and run Two notes Torpedo Wall of sound plugin to get power amp and Speaker impulses - Free again, maybe $20 for couple of cabs, can't remember

I use lexplate plugin for reverb

This is the closest thing to a real mic'd amp I've found, I've tried Guitar rig 4, Amplitube, speaker taps and had an eleven rack. 
    The beauty of this is you can plug your pedal board into your amp and it's the same settings as live/mic'd, never had that with other methods and it really does sound and feel like the amp

Plus you get a tube amp to play with too, I use a marshall vintage modern head normally but all tube amps with an effect loop should be fine

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Lots of good suggestions, basically hundreds of options from a £0.0 free plugin to a £20 NUX pedal to £2000 Axe fx. All depends on what suits your budget and needs