SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: USB audio interface with specific features

I'm having to finally retire my trusty RME Fireface after so many years so I'm looking for something that will offer similar functionality and quality of preamps/converters.

A few requirements:

1) Minimum 4 analogue inputs

2) Solid low latency performance, hopefully not too bad when compared to the old RME.

3) Better preamps/converters than the 18i20 2nd gen.

4) Both SPDIF and ADAT inputs so I can still connect the Kemper (SPDIF) and Focusrite (ADAT) digitally to it.

5) Up to £500 budget? I'd be prepared to consider investing more in the right unit.

If you have something that would fit the bill, please get in touch.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22716
    I haven't got anything to offload as I recently sold my RME UCXII. I did test a few things and I'd strongly suggest you look at a new MOTU Ultralite Mk 5. The latency performance is more than acceptable compared to RME, you've got the inputs, the convertors are very close to the UCXII and my ADI-2 FS, and you've got the SPDIF and ADAT inputs. 

£494 at Juno right now. Oh, they also have an open boxer for a tenner less as well. 

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/motu-ultralite-mk5-18-in-22-out-usb/822546-01/

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 441
    edited July 6
    Thanks for that, the Motu Ultralite mk5 is one of the units that seem to cover everything I need.

I do wonder about their reliability and compatibility with Windows systems though. In the past, it has been pretty shaky and I speak from experience having owned an original Firewire Ultralite and the 828 back in the day.

Btw, the price shown to me is £593.99 so maybe you meant £594?