Power supply Question. Quad Cortex and Morningstar MC6PRO

jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 247
edited July 6 in FX
I have a Quad cortex which is being powered by a  12V Power Adaptor by myVolts. This unit is 12v rated at 4amps and has a polarity inverter attachment as the QC is centre negative but the my volts supply is centre positive. The QC requires 12v at 3 amps.
This power supply works well.
I also have a Morningstar MC6PRO which requires 
9-12V DC center negative
Minimum 250mA
Is it possible, without any issues,to run both from the 12v supply by using a daisy chain ?
If so if he daisy chain is connected to the polarity inverter does that mean that the daisy chain connectors are then all centre negative ?
Or would I have to daisy chain from the my volts supply direct and then use 2 x polarity inverters?

TIA.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 247
    Anyone help?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10719
    Once you have inverted the polarity everything connected to that polarity using standard barrel connectors is inverted. So if you use one polarity inverter to make it centre negative then everything connected to that in daisy chain is inverted to centre negative as well. 

If the power supply is off a switch mode regulated design then it will hold the voltage steady unto the point it's rated current is exceeded. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Danny1969 said:
    Once you have inverted the polarity everything connected to that polarity using standard barrel connectors is inverted. So if you use one polarity inverter to make it centre negative then everything connected to that in daisy chain is inverted to centre negative as well. 

If the power supply is off a switch mode regulated design then it will hold the voltage steady unto the point it's rated current is exceeded. 
    Thanks Danny - I think you’re saying I’m safe to run a daisy chain after the polarity reverser to both units.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10719
    Yes as long as the cables after are normal ones and not inverted themselves. 

Because if you invert something twice you are back where you started :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Yes I assume a normal daisy chain from 1 spot or whoever doesn’t invert. 
    Thanks again.