Fractal FM3 second hand prices?

What's Hot
I was just idly browsing prices for these and I see a new FM3 Mk2 Turbo is £1,200 on the official website. Looking on reverb the only Mk2 on there is up for £1,150.

Is this a thing for fractal that they hold their value, or just a seller who is misguided?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 379
    I’ve seen them go for 900-1000 which feels about right. Sold my mk1 for 900 last year. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8900
    £1,299 new price includes T-shirt https://uk-shop.g66.eu/FM3-MK-II-Turbo/1130.9
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • allenallen Frets: 777
    Roland said:
    £1,299 new price includes T-shirt https://uk-shop.g66.eu/FM3-MK-II-Turbo/1130.9
    It's £1,199 not £1,299. ;)

And yes I spotted the free t-shirt. 

So at 1150 it's not really a deal at all.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8900
    allen said:
    It's £1,199 not £1,299. 
    Embarrassing finger trouble
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7131
    There’s been a few Mk1s at £800 in the past year, so no one’s going to sell at £1150 unless they get back to being back ordered.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2362
    The prices are a bit silly, but they do seem to hold their value pretty well. Not sure why. 

If the difference between new and used is only a couple of hundred quid at most, I’m probably buying new tbh.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34069
    Nerine said:
    The prices are a bit silly, but they do seem to hold their value pretty well. Not sure why. 

If the difference between new and used is only a couple of hundred quid at most, I’m probably buying new tbh.

Have a look at Reverb sold listings.
    They range from £700 to £1000 with a few chancers over £1000, even up to £1400, which is mad.

When there is no stock at G66 people think they can get more, maybe they can?
    Personally I'd not pay more than £750 for one.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    Buy from G66 - amazing service !

Used prices naturally rise when stock gets low. 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2362
    octatonic said:
    Nerine said:

They range from £700 to £1000 with a few chancers over £1000, even up to £1400, which is mad.

I had someone offer me one for £900 when I was looking for an FM9. Can buy brand new for £1199. 

Agree that £750 is roughly where they should be. 

Nerine said:
    octatonic said:
    Nerine said:

I had someone offer me one for £900 when I was looking for an FM9. Can buy brand new for £1199. 

Agree that £750 is roughly where they should be. 

I agree with your agreement. :)
    I was (moderately) ridiculed a while back for suggesting they would drop to this price- I think I said $650-750.

People sometimes forget what happens with digital gear- look at what you can get a Lexicon PCM70/80 for now, or a H3000.
    They were thousands.
    Tube amps don't depreciate like that, or at least when they do they don't tend to drop and drop and drop until they are worthless. Even high end preamps like the CAE 3+ or Bogner Fish don't crater like that.

Digital gear almost always will.

There are exceptions- a Lexicon PCM42 is still quite an expensive item- but I wonder if it still would be if it  hadn't been adopted by people like David Torn as a looper?

• allenallen Frets: 777
    Plus what will happen to used values as soon as the next version comes out!
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1579
    Axe fx 2 still hit 900 lol
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10434
    Nerine said:

Yea I think if they're £1200 new then £750 is probably a fair price for a used unit. £900 is too high. 
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185
    Yeah I have been considering for some time - even Axe FX 2 around 900-1100. As i understand it they would be unsupported so I'd be thinking FM3T despite a rack version being my preference. 
    Yeah I have been considering for some time - even Axe FX 2 around 900-1100. As i understand it they would be unsupported so I'd be thinking FM3T despite a rack version being my preference. 

I know I probably am not saying anything you don't already know but the Axe FX II is more powerful than the FM3.

If you are prepared to get an FM3 at around £900 then I'd probably save up for an FM9 which seem to be going for £1500.
    Yes it is more money but it is a lot less hobbled.

Also factor in a floor controller for the rack units.
    They are much better with one.

If you want a rack unit then I would avoid the II- no more updates- it is legacy product.
    If a grand is the budget then the Helix is worthwhile.
    Or a Kemper.

Or a Mk I Axe FX III would be around £2000.