you snooze, you lose. . .

Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7913
edited November 2014 in Off Topic
I have recently accumulated some spare funds, of which I have considered spending a little on gear.

I couldn't make my mind up what to spend it on, and as a consequence my car has made the most of the opportunity and cost me most of the spare funds to get the back brakes sorted. 

And the exhaust is a little blowy when the engine gets hot too.

*sigh*
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    My daughter's car does the same for me, but you can't send the little dears out in a ropy waggon can you?

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7913
    No, in my case the missus uses the (MY) car the most and I thought it best it was sorted.

The odd thing is that it passed an MOT just over three months ago and was only making a small noise which you had to have the radio off to hear, and even then only when braking while driving fairly slowly.

When they dismantled the brakes they found the shoes were down to the metal and as a consequence had knackered the drums too, costing me just over £300 to sort.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2442
    As the days progressively get colder, much, much colder, you'll appreciate being able to drive to work.  And to and from anywhere really. I also imagine you'll be grateful of the fact you can stop your car at a red light too....

.... A new bit of gear cannot do either of those.

I'd look at your disappointment as a blessing in disguise.

Still annoying though.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Mine packed up last christmas eve. Carberreta thingy. not worth fixing. i should have had it checked after 75000 miles apparently. Anyway i now cycle and the Mrs drives the family car. My latest gear fund was taken by 2 builders. 3 half days ie 3 x 2 hrs. Knock off plaster, inject course, render,replaster and replace skirting, 2 square meters £5 feckin undrend an twenny notes!!! .
    :x