Cab sim upgrade tonemaster deluxe reverb

What's Hot
Hi

I need some advice regarding my Fender Deluxe Reverb Tonemaster setup. I'm happy with the cab sim, but I want to know the best way to get better sound going into my interface for recording and live situations.

Right now, I plug the DI out into my interface and use the Jensen and SM57 settings. I use my pedal board for other effects. For live performances, I go straight into the front of house and decide to have the cab on or off depending on whether it's a quiet stage or not.

I'm looking for products that will give me a higher professional sound using cab sim, and I'd like the option to choose between different speakers:
- 12" WGS ET65
- 12" Eminence GA-SC64
- 12" Celestion V30

Could you recommend the cheapest option to achieve this? Also, what equipment should I consider if I want to grow into a setup that I can use with a tube amp and run stereo effects to the front of house?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    I'm wondering why you need all the speaker options?

The Tonemaster is a great choice because it's very simple and familiar to people using regular amps.
    If you want flexibility you may want to go down the Helix / Fractal / etc route. 

If you are recording on a PC just use VSTs as it's cheaper and offers unlimited flexibility.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28140
    What @monquixote said. 

You mention wanting “a higher professional sound”. I would argue there’s nothing lacking in terms of professional sheen with the TMDR. If you want a different sound that’s fine but don’t be under any illusions that it will suddenly sound like a choir of angels if the rest of your chain isn’t working for you. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 280
    What @monquixote said. 

You mention wanting “a higher professional sound”. I would argue there’s nothing lacking in terms of professional sheen with the TMDR. If you want a different sound that’s fine but don’t be under any illusions that it will suddenly sound like a choir of angels if the rest of your chain isn’t working for you. 
    Thank you for mentioning this as I did go down a little rabbit hole and you pulled me back out. I wish there was an option of some flexability with the eq in the sims but I think i'll have to buy an eq pedal or something to fine tune when recording? Would that be a better idea?
    I'm wondering why you need all the speaker options?

The Tonemaster is a great choice because it's very simple and familiar to people using regular amps.
    If you want flexibility you may want to go down the Helix / Fractal / etc route. 

If you are recording on a PC just use VSTs as it's cheaper and offers unlimited flexibility.
    Thank you for this. I like simple and after watching and looking at reviews it will no longer be simple.  I have done the Helix route and much prefer the tonemaster as it is more familiar to me
    maybe one day, i'll get a tube version i might have to get a two notes torpedo or something to compare!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28140
    maybe one day, i'll get a tube version i might have to get a two notes torpedo or something to compare!
    Haha if you’re talking rabbit holes that will definitely take you down a few..!! 

FWIW I’ve been able to get whatever I want from the TM with a little bit of EQ in the DAW, but tbh that’s about having it sit in the track more than it is making it sound “different” 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires