Oil spill over 15 miles of A24 and M25 today

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
    We're playing Dropkick Brewery in Dorking tomorrow - this is going to make it an interesting trip down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7374
    BillDL said:
    He obviously thought he was pretty slick.
    Evidently a bit of a slippery customer.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4431

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• JfingersJfingers Frets: 422
    @CHRISB50 it all seems to be an ecological disaster. I know all of those roads well. I'm welling up.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4431
    edited July 13
    Jfingers said:
    @CHRISB50 it all seems to be an ecological disaster. I know all of those roads well. I'm welling up.
    To be honest I haven’t seen much of the environmental impact of it. I know they’ve spent a lot of time cleaning all the roads and gullies. 

I don’t think there will be much effect on the surrounding area. 

The road surfaces are fucked, and a car crashed into the roundabout outside Denbies. As it slipped on the diesel. But that’s about it as far as I know. 

I really hope there is no lasting damage. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ColsCols Frets: 7374
    Jfingers said:
    Not as bad as first feared.  Surrey County Council first estimated that 16,000 litres of fuel had been spilled, but they later revised the figure to 400 litres.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2897
    We were due to be picked up by taxi at Gatwick and were 2 hours late landing but still the taxi was 1.5 hours away from Gatwick and stuck ! Who knows, maybe in oil
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2750
    edited July 13
    The section from Givens Grove northbound is now open. Still a pain for me as I drive to North Holmwood regularly from Bookham but I can drive over Ranmore. 

With the M25 being closed this weekend, it’s still a proper arse ache getting about. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19795
    Cols said:
    Jfingers said:
    Not as bad as first feared.  Surrey County Council first estimated that 16,000 litres of fuel had been spilled, but they later revised the figure to 400 litres.
    Only out by a factor of 40, but definitely a better outcome.
  • crosstownvampcrosstownvamp Frets: 349
    edited July 14
    400 litres doesn't sound like much - 30 metres per litre if my mental arithmetic is correct -  or about 9 m.p.g.
    My arithmetic is carp.. the truck did under 200 yards per gallon.