Jon Landau

NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4971
Surprised none of the movie buffs on here mentioned this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c2q0405zrzyo

Long-time associate of James Cameron, main man of Avatar, Titanic, etc.

Looks like a pretty strong body of work, and gone at only 63 - bollocks to cancer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    I thought it was going to be the Space 1999 /mission impossible man, is that Martin 
      For a horrible second I thought it was the guitarist . RIP John 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    edited July 12
    Nitefly said:
    Surprised none of the movie buffs on here mentioned this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c2q0405zrzyo

This is the wrong place to say this, really, and I don't mean to sound callous or disrespectful... but as a movie buff I'd respond that he was a producer, not a "creative", so whilst his work behind the scenes was absolutely fundamental to getting those movies made, he didn't direct, write or act in them.  His work only indirectly affected what we see on the screen, you can't look at a producer's name on a poster and say "that'll be for me then".

But of course it's sad news, primarily for his family and those in his industry who worked with him.  And in a general sense, 63 is no age... and as always, fuck cancer. 

RIP.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    I thought it was going to be the Space 1999 /mission impossible man, is that Martin 
      For a horrible second I thought it was the guitarist . RIP John 
    Sadly the great Martin L checked out a while back.  A quick Google tells me it was back in 2017.  A fantastic actor.

I knew the name Jon Landau but I couldn't have named anything he worked on.  63 - same age as me.  And it is indeed no age.

RIP.