telecaster but which is it ?

What's Hot
AdamGAdamG Frets: 0
edited July 17 in Guitar
Hello . Thanks for adding me. I came across this telecaster and wonder which model is this exactly and which company made it ?
https://i.postimg.cc/jS8dtbJD/Zrzut-ekranu-2024-07-12-o-23-31-11.png

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1164
    It's similar to Townshend's Schecter, but as there's no logo it might not be.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15382
    tFB Trader
    It's similar to Townshend's Schecter, but as there's no logo it might not be.
    That was my first initial thought - But wasn't PT's a twin hum bucker model - As you say no name - More recent, post mid 80' s as 22 fret, so more of the 'newer generation' - Probably a parts caster based on no logo 
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 999
    It's a Schecter. That's EdFromOhio playing with fIREHOSE. Young Mike Watt on Bass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6160
    Looks like a project build I'm working on at the mo.  I would have said Schecter but it has 22 frets and that fret shelf looks like it's butting up against the neck pickup.  My guess is that it's a partscaster or at the very least is sporting a replacement neck, which might explain the lack of Marque on the headstock.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 999
    Here's the link to Ed's Equipboard page.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13905
    oh_pollo said:
    Here's the link to Ed's Equipboard page.
    The Tele on his page has double active humbuckers which the guitar in the OP's photo does not - nor does it have a headstock decal.  I think the jury is still out!
    oh_pollo said:
    It's a Schecter. That's EdFromOhio playing with fIREHOSE. Young Mike Watt on Bass.
    Same guitar, different neck?  Google suggests the photo below is circa 1988, what's the date of the B&W photo on the OP?

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20535
    I'd say the body is a Schecter PT, or possibly more than one, as from the image in the link below  they appear to have different controls.
    https://alchetron.com/Ed-Crawford#ed-crawford-17fcda5b-e4db-4c39-b4fc-2de49170b38-resize-750.jpeg
    Schecter PT's confusingly have had a number of different control layouts...

• AdamGAdamG Frets: 0
    I know he played a Schecter PT, but that guitar doesn't look like that. The body has a Fender bridge and saddle, a long control plate and two single pickups, all in black. The body has this white binding which is typical to Schecter though. Hence my post
    edited July 16
    Haych said:
    oh_pollo said:
    Same guitar, different neck?  Google suggests the photo below is circa 1988, what's the date of the B&W photo on the OP?

This is a different guitar. This one has humbucker pickups. The one in my photo has two single pickups, one of which is 14 degrees, typical of this Fender saddle.
    AdamG said:
    Haych said:
    oh_pollo said:

This is a different guitar. This one has humbucker pickups. The one in my photo has two single pickups, one of which is 14 degrees, typical of this Fender saddle.

You have better eyesight than me, that's for sure, I can't tell what pickups it might have from that picture!

do you see it now ?
    I'm not disputing what you're saying.  It's a little more clear but I still wouldn't say it's obvious.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20535
    AdamG said:
    I know he played a Schecter PT, but that guitar doesn't look like that. The body has a Fender bridge and saddle, a long control plate and two single pickups, all in black. The body has this white binding which is typical to Schecter though. Hence my post
    Honestly, to me the photo's just aren't clear enough to be in any way definitive.
    In your original photo, it doesn't seem like a classic Fender bridge to me as it appears to have 6 non vintage saddles & no sides. More a replacement style, I'd say. You may disagree & that's fine :+1: 
    The pickups look to be both single coil & as you say black & uncovered & it has a standard Tele type control plate & what seems to be a non Schecter neck.
    The 'Schecter PT Classic' has more of a 'classic' Fender layout (see below, https://reverb.com/uk/p/schecter-pt-standard?ended_listing=79621362) but the non USA PT's had body binding (&  different control layouts as I mentioned earlier).  Plus most non USA models have Schecter Diamond SuperRock humbuckers as standard.

Used Schecter PT Standard Electric Guitar  Reverb

It's a bit confusing when there are so few facts available regarding what seems to be a non standard instrument...  ;)
    edited July 17
    AdamG said:
    Honestly, to me the photo's just aren't clear enough to be in any way definitive.
    In your original photo, it doesn't seem like a classic Fender bridge to me as it appears to have 6 non vintage saddles & no sides. More a replacement style, I'd say. You may disagree & that's fine 1 
    The pickups look to be both single coil & as you say black & uncovered & it has a standard Tele type control plate & what seems to be a non Schecter neck.
    The 'Schecter PT Classic' has more of a 'classic' Fender layout (see below, https://reverb.com/uk/p/schecter-pt-standard?ended_listing=79621362) but the non USA PT's had body binding (&  different control layouts as I mentioned earlier).  Plus most non USA models have Schecter Diamond SuperRock humbuckers as standard.

Used Schecter PT Standard Electric Guitar  Reverb

It's a bit confusing when there are so few facts available regarding what seems to be a non standard instrument... 
    look up i incrised the brightness 
    edited July 17
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1533
    edited July 17
    Didn't Eddie Vedder play a similar Schecter tele in the late 90s, early 00s? 
    Eddie Vedders Schecter PT
    edited July 17
    Didn't Eddie Vedder play a similar Schecter tele in the late 90s, early 00s? 
    Eddie Vedders Schecter PT
    But it's a different guitar than the one in the first photo

edited July 17
    I'm not 100% sure but I think I found it . it looks like 1979 Schecter Telecaster - Black (Van Nuys / USA)
    https://youtu.be/TzET7uXturE?si=CWWFnzWYs5oW0dLS