The Artists' Guitar Program

HeyKarlHeyKarl Frets: 3
edited July 19 in Acoustics
Good morning fellow guitar enthusiasts!

I'm not sure if this is the right category to post this in so please let me know and I'll happily move it 

My name is Karl, and with my wife Rosie, we run Turnstone Guitars which is a small (just the two of us) boutique acoustic guitar manufacturer.

Rosie and I are excited to share some news that we think is pretty cool. As passionate guitar builders, one of the main reasons we ventured into this craft is the joy of seeing our instruments in the hands of talented musicians. However, the nature of boutique guitars, crafted in small quantities with meticulous care, means they can be quite expensive compared to factory-made counterparts. This limits the number of people who can enjoy them, which is something we’ve always wanted to change.

That’s why we’ve come up with a new initiative to make our guitars more accessible. During a visit to our workshop from the talented Michael Watts, we were discussing some ideas and he suggested a brilliant solution: building a guitar specifically for artists, which we would loan out for free!

We loved the concept and are thrilled to announce the launch of The Artists’ Guitar Program. This initiative will allow two artists each year to use a specially built guitar for six months each. Our goal is to support and inspire musicians by providing them with access to a high-quality instrument that they might not otherwise be able to afford.

If you’re interested, or know someone who might be, here’s how to apply:

1. Complete the application form on our website: The Artists' Guitar Program
2. Submit a video of your performance.
3. Share your personal story and musical goals.

Selected artists will not only receive the guitar for six months but will also have the opportunity to collaborate with us on promotional activities, sharing their journey and experiences with a broader audience.

Here are the specs for the guitar to be used on the program:

Model: TG
Back & sides: Mahogany
Soundboard: Sitka Spruce
Neck: Mahogany
Scale length: 650mm
Neck to body join: 14th fret
Nut width: 44.5mm
Features: Cutaway & offset heel
Tuners: Gotoh 510
Pickup: K&K Pure Mini

We’d love to reach as many musicians as possible, so please spread the word and forward this to anyone you think might be interested. Your support is invaluable in helping us bring this program to life.

If you haven't watched it already, here’s a video showcasing the guitar and the launch:

https://youtu.be/_qfXtzX1X2U

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from many of you!

Happy playing,
Karl
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5749
    What a great programme Karl. I hope and trust that it will be a big success for you, and (of course) for the artists concerned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeyKarlHeyKarl Frets: 3
    Tannin said:
    What a great programme Karl. I hope and trust that it will be a big success for you, and (of course) for the artists concerned. 
    Thanks Tannin, I appreciate it! We really hope to have some fun with this and support some great artists.
  • A great idea, we'll done and thank you. I met Rosie a few years ago at the Holy Grail guitar show in Berlin and I was very impressed by her work.
  • Your guitars look lovely. As a matter of interest, what if your guitar gets damaged whilst on loan? 
    A great idea, well done and thank you. I met Rosie a few years ago at the Holy Grail guitar show in Berlin and I was very impressed by her work.
    Thanks Malcolm ☺️
    edited July 19

Your guitars look lovely. As a matter of interest, what if your guitar gets damaged whilst on loan? 
    Thanks, I’m glad you like them! 

We’ll be insuring it while it’s on loan. All the details can be found on our website at https://turnstoneguitar.co.uk/artists-guitar-program in the FAQs and T&Cs. 
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 800
    Wonderful idea and guitars. Best of luck with this. 
    Benm39 said:
    Wonderful idea and guitars. Best of luck with this. 
    Thanks, appreciate the support! :-)