Is there a quiet 7 band EQ pedal?

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3121
edited July 21 in FX
Fancied trying an EQ pedal and have now realised what Ive missed out on for years, seriously if you haven't tried an EQ pedal, do it…only issue is its noisy, as soon as a slider is moved from the flat position there is hiss

Granted its a Behringer and its going into the input of quite a high gain head, I only got the Behringer as its cheap and let me try an EQ out…
Is there a silent or more quiet option out there that wont break the bank?
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 429
    Yes.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3121
    Yes.
    Is it a secret?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 861
    paulnb57 said:
    Yes.
    Is it a secret?
    Johnny the shoeshine boy told me it’s a Boss GE7
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    New GE7 are silent, as is EQD Tone Job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2968
    Danelectro Fish & Chips used to get recommended a lot as a good quiet and cheap EQ, if you can stand the looks and can still find one. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3121
    Thanks Chaps! A Boss will replace the cheaply…

matt_sefton said:

Johnny the shoeshine boy told me it’s a Boss GE7

Police Squad! That takes me back!

• SporkySporky Frets: 29408
    There was a BYOC one too. Bit of a pig to build,  but worked well. I think I've still got mine somewhere. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3169
    TTBZ said:
    Danelectro Fish & Chips used to get recommended a lot as a good quiet and cheap EQ, if you can stand the looks and can still find one. 
    I use a Source Audio eq now for the presets but I also have the fish n chips and can confirm it’s really quiet (noise wise).  I actually like the sound of the Dano better than the SA, it’s sounds a little warmer to my ears.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1018
    I've a Joyo one that does teh deed well.  I presume it's a clone of something...
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 200
    How are the newest Boss GE7s in terms of noise? I expected them to make a fancy Waza version by now
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73539
    TJT1979 said:
    How are the newest Boss GE7s in terms of noise? I expected them to make a fancy Waza version by now
    The new ones are fine - although I’m still baffled it took them so long. I’m not sure what a Waza version could do better…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    TJT1979 said:
    Totally silent
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4307
    TJT1979 said:
    Yep, they’ve been great since the last revision in ~2021? I’m not sure if there’s an accurate way to tell prior to buying/trying though, so the secondhand market for them is still a bit pot-luck unless they have receipts and/or audio demos!
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 870
    ICBM said:
    TJT1979 said:
    The new ones are fine - although I’m still baffled it took them so long. I’m not sure what a Waza version could do better…
    In my opinion a waza one should have a switch to permanently have the EQ section turned on or off and the foot switch control just the level.
    That way you could have EQ and boost in one pedal.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73539
    koss59 said:

In my opinion a waza one should have a switch to permanently have the EQ section turned on or off and the foot switch control just the level.
    That way you could have EQ and boost in one pedal.
    That’s a very neat idea.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein