Fender Vaporizer butchering

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• spev11spev11 Frets: 464
    BillDL said:
    The front cut-out and knob positions make me think of the character "Blakey" from the TV show "On The Buses".
    Phew, thankfully you didn't mention the surprised faces on the upper left & right sides of the front 
    ah god no, I can't look at the daft thing now, i'll have to cover it with carpet in the style of a 90's Trace Elliot bass amp
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8688
    BillDL said:
    The front cut-out and knob positions make me think of the character "Blakey" from the TV show "On The Buses".
    Phew, thankfully you didn't mention the surprised faces on the upper left & right sides of the front 
    I hadn't even noticed that, but now you've transferred my attention to them I will be instantly drawn to them each time I look at the amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3829
    Good work!

I'd definitely cover it in some weird material just to finish off "Blakey". 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74041
    I needs covering in Fablon* to really nail the 1960s kitchen dresser look :).

(Famously referred to as Sticky Back Plastic if you remember Blue Peter in the 1970s ;).)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 8688
    I think you should go for a 1950s American Diner / Soda Bar inspired look, with blue glitter "leatherette" like this:

You can be really authentic and stuff the paded bits with rubberised horse hair.  If that's too radical and you don't want it to stick out too much from your Chesterfield in the conservatory or from the leather-bound journals in your library, you could use dark claret rexine for slightly more restrained "Briddish-Italian Café" look:

• spev11spev11 Frets: 464
    it'll look too much like one of the Kustom loony bin amps, in the spirit of the whole thing I may cover it in comic book pages maybe, retro 50/60's stuff perhaps, or that bonkers action man wallpaper I had in the 70s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom