Abdul “Duke” Fakir, - The Four Tops

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
in Tributes tFB Trader
Many might not know the name Abdul “Duke” Fakir - Some younger members might not not even know the name of the band 'The Four Top's - But you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who has not heard Reach Out I'll Be There, Baby I Need Your Loving and I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) - The bands legacy will live on forever - RIP 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4803
    Essential part of the sixties and seventies.  And he was the last  surviving member I think.  RIP.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2440
    edited July 24
    Combining the vocal abilities and sharp moves of the Four Tops with the songwriting talents of Holland-Dozier-Holland was a master stroke by Berry Gordy. They had hit after hit. Very much the Motown sound that was so popular in the Sixties.

They also coined a phrase, as Americans are always 'reaching out'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1659
    edited 3:09PM
    The Four Tops remain a personal favourite of mine - Everybody starts with the Supremes but the Four Tops and Temptations are where it leads to - the pinnacle of Detroit Soul. The Tops's move into "Baroque Soul" was much imitated but never bettered. Bernadette is fantastic as is Standing In the Shadows of Love and If I Were A Carpenter. RIP Duke.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom