Catch & Release

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EsoterickEsoterick Frets: 46
    Neil said:
    I could never be a "catch and release" type of person. 

Mainly because I love buying guitars but find selling them very tiresome indeed. 

I really enjoy buying guitars, but I treat the money as written off once I purchase them. If I get any money back if I decide to sell them it's a bonus and it helps justify being lazy and selling them to shops instead of privately.

In terms of having guitars that are the one, the only one so far is a strat I won in a raffle that I was convinced I'd sell until I actually played it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    You don't buy a "the one" guitar, it becomes "the one". 

I don't know if I really enjoy buying anything. I prefer just playing guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JonBJonB Frets: 12
    I've been perfectly happy with 1 electric and 1 acoustic up until 2020 when I got back into playing and generally listening to more music. I'm quite a sentimental sod so some things I've attached emotion to so will never sell. My first electric by coincidence is also my birth year based on serial number.

I've bought/built a few guitars the last year or so which is great but I've still not hit that Gibson Les Paul itch which I've had most of my life.

So currently I'm pondering to go sensible and pick up a 2nd hand standard which will likely perfectly meet my needs. Or do you go full bore on a Custom shop R9 VOS or a Murphy light age and either fall in love with it or in time accept to move it on in the hope I don't lose too much money on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2193
    I actually find it more rewarding sourcing super cheap guitars, doing a basic set up and donating them to a local charity. That scratches my guitar finding itch. 

I did some quick man maths this morning, I've been playing 30 years and have owned about twenty five guitars in that time. I dont think that's excessive. I currently have six electrics and three acoustics.

I've never had anything stupidly expensive, apart from a second hand DGT. The only guitars I've regretted selling are 

Tokai es130 and the taylor ad27e recently. I've got another tokai and have just bought a nice furch so I'm all good. 

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom