Abomination of the day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3718
    That looks like a machine made rug tho, nah , i'm calling this out.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 744
    I just poured 3 litres of bleach into my eyes and I CAN STILL SEE IT
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24200
    Can anyone remember a 1980s, NWOBHM-era, rock guitarist who used to play a guitar very much like that?

He was British but I think had an Italian name, pretty short and stocky, moustache, long dark hair... looked a bit like Ron Jeremy.  I think he did mainly instrumental music and was featured in some very early issues of Kerrang!  I can remember him and his guitars really clearly but I just can't think of his name, it's driving me mad trying to remember it...
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 215
    What is the significance of "Barry Leventhal" (whoever the hell he is)?
    Apparently nothing. The designer said it was just the name of a kid he went to school with. I have to admit naming your guitar line after somebody else who doesn't even play and might not remember you is at least a little bit funny. 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8167
    Philly_Q said:
    Can anyone remember a 1980s, NWOBHM-era, rock guitarist who used to play a guitar very much like that?

I think had an Italian name, pretty short and stocky, moustache, long dark hair... looked a bit like Ron Jeremy.
    I wasn't aware that Danny DeVito played guitar  :)

Damn, I thought you'd found him for a moment there! He really did look like that.
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 238
    edited July 25

Philly_Q said:

He was British but I think had an Italian name, pretty short and stocky, moustache, long dark hair... looked a bit like Ron Jeremy.  I think he did mainly instrumental music and was featured in some very early issues of Kerrang!  I can remember him and his guitars really clearly but I just can't think of his name, it's driving me mad trying to remember it...

Was it Maurizio Miele, AKA "The Upside Down Guitarist"? He was featured in an early issue of "Total Guitar", which would have been in the early 90s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 25
    Does anybody remember the early days of "Total Guitar" magazine, they featured somebody calling himself "The Upsise Down Guitarist", who played a guitar very much like this. And while I was typing that, I remembered that his real name was Maurizio Miele. A Google search shows that he is now teaching music in Huddersfield
    Philly_Q said:

Was it Maurizio Miele, AKA "The Upside Down Guitarist"? He was featured in an early issue of "Total Guitar", which would have been in the early 90s.
    Well now.... 

That exact name popped into my head yesterday.  I googled it, and only found stuff about Miele - the manufacturer of domestic appliances - and someone called Di Maurizio, who is/was a guitar teacher and I think may have owned a guitar shop in Huddersfield.  The Di Maurizio School of Music.

But now that you've come up with the same name, I shall search harder. 

Edit:  there is a Huddersfield connection, it looks like Di Maurizio and Maurizio Miele are related, or one and the same, but I still can't find any upside-down guitar pictures....
    Miele sucks.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12893
    BillDL said:
    Miele sucks.
    ...like an Electrolux?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    BillDL said:
    Miele sucks.
    ...like an Electrolux?
    No - like a Stormy Daniels
    ^^ Yeeee-uck.  I feel queasy...
    ...... like Sunday morning?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^^ Old Mothball Mouth could pen a tune for sure.