Things to in Nashville during the day?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    Back of my mind I've always fancied doing the New Orleans to Chicago 'rhythm road' trip 

I'm 65 this year and currently have no plans in place - Kind of a so what attitude about it and I don't mean that in a depressive way - Just so what - But maybe to late to get things in place this autumn 

But reading your postings has got me hooked - So maybe I should do something about it around spring next year - So a belated 65th and get back in time ready for my pension vouchers 

So thanks for the inspiration
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9920
    edited July 26
    Back of my mind I've always fancied doing the New Orleans to Chicago 'rhythm road' trip 

I'm 65 this year and currently have no plans in place - Kind of a so what attitude about it and I don't mean that in a depressive way - Just so what - But maybe to late to get things in place this autumn 

But reading your postings has got me hooked - So maybe I should do something about it around spring next year - So a belated 65th and get back in time ready for my pension vouchers 

Our original plan had been to sail up the Mississippi from New Orleans to Memphis, and then drive or bus to Nashville. However, for various reasons, we decided to drop N.O. for this trip. It may well be an option for the future though.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5563
    edited July 26
    The Gibson Garage is much better than the one in London. My dad popped in last time he was there and sent me a selfie he got with Billy Gibbons who happened to be visiting someone in the offices at the time. Apparently Billy was very gracious!
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12894
    edited July 26
    MrSwanson said:

Have to try Nashville Hot Chicken, Hattie B's is my favourite...
    Had the chicken, got the hat.  But be warned: don't let machismo posturing get the better of you.  Unless you know exactly what you're letting yourself in for, do NOT order the hottest option.  It is without any doubt THE hottest thing I have ever eaten and I didn't know what to do or where to put myself.  I'm sweating at the very memory...

* EDIT - Mrs O had the mildest option and it was gorgeous.

Hattie B.jpg 837.4K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 484
    Hattie B's is great but avoid the one on Lower Broad as it's always rammed with tourists, like most spots on Lower Broad. 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 484
    mo6020 said:

Will you be there in time for the Isbell Ryman shows? 
    Not OP, but I will be there for the Ryman shows. I have tickets for Friday the 18th and I absolutely cannot wait. 
    Oh wow. They're on fire at the moment so that'll be amazing. I miss Amanda but the rest of them are making up for it

We were 50/50 between doing that and NYC for my 40th but couldn't make the dates work - gutted! 
    Yeh, I can't wait. I saw Jason solo at Xmas time in London and I have tickets to his London show in November, too. Such a great artist and band.  
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28140
    Yeah def don't go nuts on the hot chicken. If if you get it unbreader (yay gluten free) it's relatively even hotter. Even my wife who is a fiend for hot sauce found it punchy from the mid level upwards. You have been warned...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    HAL9000 said:

Our original plan had been to sail up the Mississippi from New Orleans to Memphis, and then drive or bus to Nashville. However, for various reasons, we decided to drop N.O. for this trip. It may well be an option for the future though.
    I must admit that the idea of a 'paddle boat' trip on the Mississippi into NO does appeal - When I get a bit of spare time I'm going to look into this a bit more - Plan it yourself, or find a suitable trip via Chicago to NO - But I'm getting excited about exploring such a trip
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 487
    Haha, agreed with the above DO NOT try and be brave and go for the hottest of the hot chicken, medium tends to be a good starting point. I think I went hot, which is at least 2/3 from the top, and I was mopping sweat from my head.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/