35L plastic Really Useful Box strong enough to support approx 35kg mini stack?

What's Hot
noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 839
edited July 24 in Amps
Trying to have a bit of a tidy up and wondering if we can safely use one of our 35L clear propylene Really Useful Boxes (full of pedals etc) to put a Marshall 1912, 2061X head and Rocker 15 Terror head on top of? Combined weight of cab and heads seems to be approx 35kg. 

The box is sold as stackable, anyone got a rough idea as to safe max weight? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3403
    I've got three 84L RUBs stacked holding all my guitar bits & bobs and stuff on top of that...reckon the lowest box must easily be supporting 50kg-ish.

What I would be concerned about is putting something on the top where the load wasn't bearing down on the reinforced sidewall, i.e. just weighing down on the lid. Wouldn't be a problem if you spread out the load with a sheet of plywood.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3403
    ChatGPT says:
    "For general storage purposes: Most 35-liter Really Useful Boxes have a safe stacking weight of around 100 kg when evenly distributed."

So make of that what you will...is it 35L of feathers or 35L of lead? ;)
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 839
    edited July 24
    Thanks @digitalkettle , that’s really helpful. I’ll look for some suitable plywood.

(I think the 1912 cab base is actually sitting directly on the sidewalls - seems like there’s a couple of mm clearance between the cab feet and the recessed central lid)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28220
    Also ... the base might well be stronger than the top/lid.  The base is intended to bear the weight (since these things will usually be carried with the lid on top!), and is moulded into all 4 the sides, whereas the top can often be a thinner material and is only fixed to the sides where the lid clips onto them.

So, turn it upside down before stacking anything on top.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 839
    @TTony thanks, that’s a good point!