SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Telecaster(ideally) Baritone Conversion Neck

I am hoping to turn my Harley Benton telecaster in a baritone but I don’t want to through the hassle of moving the bridge. 

Does anyone have a baritone conversion neck kicking about?

Hoping to save a bit vs a brand new one. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14920
    FYI, the MIM Fender conversion necks are 55mm wide at the 22nd fret.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Crazyblue1779Crazyblue1779 Frets: 188
    Do this mean it’ll not be a straight swap? I had assumed it would be….?
  • t1000t1000 Frets: 95
    edited July 25
    I have a chinese one which needs some work doing to it. The heel is not level so I had to shim the neck to get it to work and the frets need a dress. If your handy at setups you can make it work I just didn't get the time. £20 posted if you want it. 
    Does this mean it’ll not be a straight swap? I had assumed it would be.
    Fender MIM conversion neck fits Fender MIM body. 

What cannot be vouched for is the fit between a Fender MIM neck and any other brand's neck pocket - including Fender USA.

You may need to enlarge the H-B neck pocket very slightly. Alternatively, it may require side shimming to take up slack.
  • Crazyblue1779Crazyblue1779 Frets: 188
    t1000 said:
    I have a chinese one which needs some work doing to it. The heel is not level so I had to shim the neck to get it to work and the frets need a dress. If your handy at setups you can make it work I just didn't get the time. £20 posted if you want it. 
    Just to confirm this is a conversion neck and not a standard baritone one?
  • t1000t1000 Frets: 95
    t1000 said:
    Just to confirm this is a conversion neck and not a standard baritone one?
    It's the same as this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196045419976?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ki0kipqbqrc&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8HR_D_otQxC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It's 27inch. I used it on a telecaster with heavier strings and it worked fine apart from the fret issues as mentioned.
    edited 1:15AM
    FWIIW, the Fender MIM conversion necks are also 27" scale length. Their twenty second fret lies above the neck pocket, negating the need for an overhanging fingerboard extension. 

This is also true of the neck offered by t1000.

There is no Universal scale length convention for baritone guitars. Acclimatising from 25½" to 27" is comparable to changing from a Fender Jaguar to a Jazzmaster. As scale length increases, so do the finger stretches. The only way to judge is to get your mitts around the neck.

EDIT #1
    If your budget is much over one hundred and twenty five Pounds, you might as well check out the Harley-Benton JA-Baritone model. It has a 30" scale. Hold out for discounted B-Stock at Thomann.

EDIT #2
    What tuning did you have in mind? C# Standard ought to be possible with the stock H-B TE neck, some big ol' strings and a new nut.