Looking for little amp for Green day sound

What's Hot
IvorIvor Frets: 0
Hello 
Iam 15 years old and i love playing the guitare and love  green day , so playing green day songs is the best of both worlds.  i have got a harley benton les pauls but want to make a telecaster style partscaster with angled humbucker like he uses at the reading festival in 2013 and a squire sp10 amp and i am trying to get a green day tone from it but apparently these aren't very good amps and doesn't sound good on distortion so i want a cheap but good amp to practise with that gets close to billie joe armstrong tone .
I have looked at little practise amps and ones i am looking at are the boss katana mini, the blackstar fly 3 ,fender mustang tl 25,. or big ones the boss katana 50 . what does anyone thinks ? has anybody got any suggestions? what does anyone recommend ? 
Would a marshall ms4 work ?

Thanks 
Toby

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 314
    Hello Ivor, welcome to our guitar club!

I don't know much about the type of amp you are looking for (I always go for bigger amps), but you might like to look at Positive Grid - https://www.positivegrid.com/

I haven't tried one myself, though.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
  • bencam1997bencam1997 Frets: 21
    Out of the amps you mentioned, if a katana 50 is in your budget I would bet that you'd have a great time with it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey Toby, welcome to the forum! Can’t go wrong with a Katana 50 if it’s in your budget. 

The Spark 40 is also great and has lots of extras to help with practicing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Welcome to the forum. :)

I love the fact that when I was a 15 year old kid like you I was also seeking to find a good Green Day tone. And now 28 years later there's still kids like you out there starting on that same journey. 

(Does make me feel really f***ing old though!)
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1337
    Blackstar debut 50r will do that for you and won't break the bank. I love mine, great little, no frills practice amp with a surpringly huge tone, I'd take that over katana any day. I owned the artist mk2 and 50r with its two channels and easy controls is a no brainer for this kind of tone.