Been to Pompeii today

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4672
It was epic. Especially seeing where the Pink Floyd played in the amphitheatre. The rest was super too especially seeing Vesuvius in the background. Poor buggers didn't stand a chance. Now off for a swim. Super
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4431
    I’d love to go there. I will one day. 

I really enjoyed the recent 3 part doc on BBC about the recent digs. 

Hope enjoyed the swim! 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 478
    The Gilmour Pompeii gig was pretty spectacular. Beats the hell out of Wembley arena.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2534
    Go to Herculanium too. That is worth going to, and not just another Pompeii.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2437

It's incredible. Time travel. Very lucky to have visited.. It was such a hot day. By about 4pm I started to feel like I was going to pass out so I spent the last hour of the day sitting in the shade sipping water.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3171
    ^same when I went there. The guide was wearing his body warmer!
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4672
    Yep. We were in Hurculanium however the youngest slipped in the shower and managed to cut herself 3 times on her foot so needed a rest day for her to heal so skipped it. Damn shame but she a trooper and got round Pompeii no probs and had a swim today too. Legend
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 26
    I wouldn't recommend going late July as obvs not much shade but still fascinating. Downtown had a herb shop so that was an added bonus. Anyone got any rizla?
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 920
    It's an incredible place and I'd love to go back but yeah, Pompeii in July is not for the faint of heart.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10165
    rze99 said:

It's incredible. Time travel. Very lucky to have visited.. It was such a hot day. By about 4pm I started to feel like I was going to pass out so I spent the last hour of the day sitting in the shade sipping water.
    Well if you time travelled back to 79ad what did you expect?
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2897
    DesVegas said:
    It was epic. Especially seeing where the Pink Floyd played in the amphitheatre. The rest was super too especially seeing Vesuvius in the background. Poor buggers didn't stand a chance. Now off for a swim. Super
    I’m sure you didn’t mean it this way, but after scraping out 9’ of ash everywhere and finding these fabulous relics of the past, the epicness was where Pink Floyd played ;)   
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25048
    The only thing better than visiting there would be if the eruption had destroyed all of Pink Floyd's music.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19794
    The only thing better than visiting there would be if the eruption had destroyed all of Pink Floyd's music.
    And Breathe...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1018
    Breathe in the air...

edited July 26
    sev112 said:
    DesVegas said:
    I’m sure you didn’t mean it this way, but after scraping out 9’ of ash everywhere and finding these fabulous relics of the past, the epicness was where Pink Floyd played   
    And I quote, the rest was super cool too.. the amphitheatre is the first thing you see when you go in the entrance we went in
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5094
    Absolutely loved Pompeii when I went. Unlike a lot of famous sites it feels like "proper living history". 

Our guide was a proper card, about 70 and had been doing tours for decades. Really brought it to life, especially when we got to the Cave Canem mosaic, and the carving on the floor outside the "house of pleasure", IFYKYK ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Absolutely loved Pompeii when I went. Unlike a lot of famous sites it feels like "proper living history". 

Our guide was a proper card, about 70 and had been doing tours for decades. Really brought it to life, especially when we got to the Cave Canem mosaic, and the carving on the floor outside the "house of pleasure", IFYKYK ;)
    A huge vagina??
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5094
    DesVegas said:

A huge vagina??

Nah, a big cock of course ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Damn. I missed that and I love the cock
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19794
    Cave Canem or Vagina Dentata? Who would win in a fight?
    Men don't get to answer this question ... :-D
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/payq79/pussy-bites-back-vagina-dentata-myths-from-around-the-world
    ...I miss my first wife