Broken headstock repair - Scotland

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 286
    WezV said:
    I’ve seen a repair done by David A R -and can only say if it’s representative of his finish work, run away as fast as you can. Woodwork looked fine but the paint job was horrific.
    Was it a repair you had done, or one for someone else?

Most will offer a choice whether to just do a reglue without any finish work,  do minor touch ups to blend in the repair without fully hiding it, or attempt to fully hide it

often the 3rd option involved a full neck refinish, burst or stringer adding to the area and actually makes it more obvious

Just to play devils advocate, making it fully clear I haven't seen the repair you are referencing,  the results of headstock break finish work often depend on what the customer was willing to pay for as much as the actual skill of the repairer
    It was a repair done for someone else, where a repair at nut and heel on a natural finished guitar had attempted to be covered up with colour, for some reason. 

You’re right though. We should not tar the repairer for this, not having been privy to the details / instructions. 
    Indeed unfair.. I’d be willing to bet it wasn't him that did the paint job. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 876
    Fingers crossed it comes out perfectly for you (wherever it goes)!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom