Which Looper Pedal? Ditto, RC3...?

lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I am missing having a looper since I sold my Hardwire Delay.

I like the idea of the Ditto Looper but I often find I get my timing wrong when doing loops (I know practice can sort this) .

I think I've heard that some loopers have a function to compensate for poor loop timing? I'm sure this could be rater handy.

So for under £100 (new or used), what would you recommend?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    A quantiser function will drag out the sample to the end of the nearest bar.

How long are you looking to loop?

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Not too long - upto 5 mins maybe...wouldn't 'need' the massive amount you can record on say the RC3
  • Although, having said that, the longer the better I suppose
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    I've tried a couple of loopers , BOSS & AKAI, but now I've settled with a Jamman Stereo. If you're using it live its the best I've had because of long loop duration & a "stop" button. I find the buttons are accurate and without any lag, which for live work is essential. I dont use all the memory banks (100 I think) but rate it purely on its live performance.
    It also has a built in drum accompaniment, but the trouble is that it always does a 4-bar count in if you use the rhythm, so if you want a basic drum accompany its prob best to use a separate rhythm unit, ....but I can't live with that either for too long!!