Midlands guitar shops?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2755
On saturday I'll be in the Wolves area and then heading north,  any recommendations for shops in the area worth a visit? 
 (prs stockists would be great!)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Guitar Guitar and PMT, both in Brum. Nowt of note in Wolvo...or at least wasn't last time I was there.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There is One Way Music in Wolves. Haven't been there for 30 years but it's still going so it must have something. There is one in Walsall ,TR Music,but that's pretty small. For PRS you'd need PMT or GuitarGuitar in Brum. Rockstar Guitars in Blackheath is very tiny indeed but does usually have a couple of Carvins which few people do. The Little Guitar Shop in the jewellery quarter has interesting used stuff and some boutique pedals and what not. As you go further north there are small shops in Cannock and Stafford. But, PMT and GG are two of the biggest guitar shops in the UK so they tend to overshadow everything else. Neither are in the City centre and have some free parking so if you are driving they might be worth a detour. If you are on a train then Fairdeal is the only city centre shop in Brum. Quite a bit of stuff in there ( some PRS I think) although I've never liked the service. Anyway, if you are going to be in Wolverhampton don't go shopping, go visit my mother, she hasn't heard from you in ages...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2755
    Thanks chaps - probably worth a glance in guitarguitar while I'm in the area then.

Eric - if your dear mother makes a good cup of tea and has cake - I'll make sure I say I say hello lol
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    If your in wolves, you have one way and big deal both on the same Street, both great shops with really interesting gear, big deal is primarily 2nd hand so it's like stepping back into a guitar shop from the 90s, has fenders les paul etc, and one way music have a good selection guitars, and acoustics, both are willing to haggle and you can get good deals there.

I prefer our 2 local shops to guitar guitar etc,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • She was a prize winning cake maker once upon a time. At 86 and nearly blind she can still make a cup of tea and open a packet of shortbread though.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2755
    mrchi said:
    If your in wolves, you have one way and big deal both on the same Street, both great shops with really interesting gear, big deal is primarily 2nd hand so it's like stepping back into a guitar shop from the 90s, has fenders les paul etc, and one way music have a good selection guitars, and acoustics, both are willing to haggle and you can get good deals there.

I prefer our 2 local shops to guitar guitar etc,
    Thanks - definitely sound like they are worth a visit!