struggling with line 6 M13 reverbs

BarneyBarney Frets: 619
Been practicing tonight and just cant get the reverbs a delay right ..im using a Redplate CDS2 and the M13 in the loop

Whats everybody use ..i either have to much or to little ..the tail of the rev seems to cut of and when i alter the decay time it sounds to much....plus it seems when i put the amp volume up i also get more fx ...anybody have some good settings ...i only want a decent clean and dirty sound (from the amp) with a touch of natural sounding reverb and one with rev and delay

Just to add..i usually use a MK4 boogie and just get a delay from the M13 and rev from the amp and it sounds great ....dont know why im struggling with the other setup

Any help will be greatly appreciated...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hold down the tap switch and turn the knob assosciated with the decay parameter in order to fine tune it.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    I found the same with the M series. There's something about the tone of the effects that causes them to either get lost or dominate proceedings - it's very hard to find a middle ground. This is a common problem with cheap digital conversion - it makes things sound flat and hard to place. Funnily enough the older Line 6 stomp box modelers didn't suffer this problem.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 619
    Cirrus;404997" said:
    I found the same with the M series. There's something about the tone of the effects that causes them to either get lost or dominate proceedings - it's very hard to find a middle ground. This is a common problem with cheap digital conversion - it makes things sound flat and hard to place. Funnily enough the older Line 6 stomp box modelers didn't suffer this problem.
    Yeah it works fine as a delay with the boogie because i use the amp delay ..
    i spent all rehearsal last night messing with it..couldnt get it right at all....then the volume of the amp seems to add more fx ....its a tube driven serial loop with the Redplate ..im wondering whether that is making it awkward to set as well..

• I'm wondering whether it's the Redplate. I've used the M13 in 4CM through four or five different amps and the only one I had to tweak the effects on was a Laney VC30 which has an oddly-designed effects loop.
    vasselmeyer;405098" said:
    I'm wondering whether it's the Redplate. I've used the M13 in 4CM through four or five different amps and the only one I had to tweak the effects on was a Laney VC30 which has an oddly-designed effects loop.
    Yeah im sort of thinking that cos it works fine on the boogie ..
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Is the loop post master volume? Would possibly explain the change in effects balance as you crank the amp.
    mike257;406461" said:
    Is the loop post master volume? Would possibly explain the change in effects balance as you crank the amp.
    No i think its before the master...im going to try it again to make sure it isnt me..i turned the preamp vol up as well so maybe that affected it ..
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    63spring is the best model I reckon. Also play with the predelay a bit to prevent mushiness
    hugbot;406514" said:
    63spring is the best model I reckon. Also play with the predelay a bit to prevent mushiness
    Thanks..yeah iv been searcing the net and that does seem a good one ...the others i was using tailed of in a horrible way...