octa switch - any good?

ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12076

is there a lot of love for this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carl-Martin-Octaswitch-2-Effects/dp/B0057LA9JO

I need to switch out various FX to cut down on noise a lot of the time, and need an input buffer, since most of mine are true bypass 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I have a Moen GEC-9 and it's brilliant being able to switch multiple pedals/amp channels at the same time.

I've not tried the Octaswitch though.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12076

looks good too

I knew a chap 2 years ago who played 200 gigs a year, and had been using an Octaswitch

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

The Moen does allow you to have some pedals in front of the amp, and some in the loop, and can do channel switching. It's not MIDI though (I'm not sure on the Octa).

9 loops, with 10 banks of 5 pre-sets available.

Bollocks, I sound like a Salesman.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Carl Martin stuff in general is good but I think the Octaswitch can be noisy and pop when switching. You could do a lot worse than picking up a used Gigrig Pro14. Or if you can stretch, I swear by the G2. The Gigrig support is amazing as well.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Carl Martin stuff in general is good but I think the Octaswitch can be noisy and pop when switching. You could do a lot worse than picking up a used Gigrig Pro14. Or if you can stretch, I swear by the G2. The Gigrig support is amazing as well.
    I have also heard people talk about the pops when switching.  Although I have never used the unit myself.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17861
    tFB Trader
    I'm thinking about moving to a looper and I think the Decibel 11 Switch Doctor or Pedal Palate look great. 

They only have 4 loops but you can add loop expanders to them.

is it noisy when not switching?

Carl Martin stuff in general is good but I think the Octaswitch can be noisy and pop when switching. You could do a lot worse than picking up a used Gigrig Pro14. Or if you can stretch, I swear by the G2. The Gigrig support is amazing as well.