Pedal to finish my board?

What's Hot
I've bought all the pedals I think I need (and more) but still have a slot or two to fill on my board (probably fit 2 standard stompboxes or one wider one). Can anyone recommend what else I might try?

I have:

Volume
Looper
Acoustic DI
Fuzz
OD (Earthquaker Palisades so it has 2 gain channels and a boost)
Chorus
Delay
Reverb
Phase
Compressor
Tuner
Noise Gate

And I run it all through my Orange OTR120 or the acoustic straight through the DI. Also have Fishman TriplePlay so don't particularly need any crazy modulation as a laptop/DAW will handle that. I play acoustic/post-rock/metal/ambient/drone.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A second delay. 

Stacking delays can really create some great sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You're missing a wah. If you are short of space look for a mini one like an AMY Japanese Girl or a Plutoneium Chiwahwah.
  • I think you have enough pedals there bud.

Sometimes space is a good thing, it means you can create enough room around your pedals to prevent you from switching on 3 at once you moving all your dials. 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    eq maybe Ge7
  • meltedbuzzbox said:
    I think you have enough pedals there bud.

Sometimes space is a good thing, it means you can create enough room around your pedals to prevent you from switching on 3 at once you moving all your dials. 

I have an effects switcher so no danger of that happening!

I already have 2 delays actually...and 2 reverbs. I feel bad just leaving a big gap on the board!
  • Tremolo.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Bit of a strange question really. Only you know what you need for your music. Maybe an Electro Harmonix RTG?
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4625
    Sounds to me very much like you need a Boss SL-20 Slicer

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    If you're scratching around for ideas you probably don't "need" anything - better ways to spend your money, IMO. Although I love pedals, I'd try and maximise what I already had first.

Off the top of my head, there's only a couple of pedals that have ever been "essential" for the stuff I've played in whatever project I was currently doing. The rest is just nice to have.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17852
    tFB Trader
    Some kind of pitch effect like a Boss Overtone or an EHX Pitch Fork
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12026

One of these?

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop

so no more tap dancing?

• I like the Pitch fork but I'm probably thinking more towards tone sculpting pedals as I have Midi to layer modulations on top. Will maybe look into eq.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72933
    Korg Miku.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom