SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Jason Smith Masterbuilt 61' Strat £5000

What's Hot
ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 504
edited September 15 in Guitars £
Very specific but would trade the 61' Strat for another Masterbuilt with a rosewood neck and soft-V neck. 

This is an absolute stunner, everyone who has visited  to buy/trial gear before they buy asks about it. I think this is one of the more tastefully done relics, doesn't seem over heavy handed and actually resembles a real vintage instrument that wasn't owned by Rory Gallagher. My photos won't do it justice, but will try and get the camera out and do some decent ones if I get a chance over the coming days. Has a lovely set of Josefina wound pickups, compound radius which makes it perfect to play high up the neck and the 65 C is for many the ultimate Strat neck profile. I bought this from @CloudNine who I believe had fantastic photos, but can't seem to find his old thread. 

I'll add some quick photos for now. Price this one at £5000. I was in Andertons the other day and this guitar was miles better than any of the Masterbuilts they currently had in stock, almost half the price too. 

Jason Smith MB Broadcaster £5500 (Traded)
This is part of a limited run of 70 masterbuilt Broadcasters, to commemorate the 70th anniversary where each masterbuilder was tasked with building 5 or so each. It's well balanced across both pickups (HW blackguard), the bridge is warm and full and neck has a bell-like quality. Has a compound 7.25 - 9.5 radius and has a 1950 blackguard shape which is super comfortable (I was not expecting to get on with it, but it's perfect). Much more comfortable than the typical U-neck. It currently has the original wiring 3-way wiring as was true of the 50's instruments, but comes with a whole new harness so that you can drop it in and have neck/both/ bridge on the 3-way selector.

As for trades, I'm specifically after a Custom 54' LP with the P90 staple in the neck. I now own a rosewood and maple neck Strat, and an R9 burst Les Paul. I'd really love to add a P90 guitar to my collection to fill the void that the Tele leaves. We can work out the approximate +/- cash if there is any, but as forum rules state I'm listing the trade value of this at £5500. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 504
    Oh and the shop floor traveller

22.jpeg 467.6K
    5.jpeg 341K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10236
    I’m not sure if the tele or that Bloomfield is sexier. Nice gear
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @chris78 I can’t take credit for the Bloomfield - that was a head conversion to a custom cab @cosmicned had commissioned, not to mention loaded it with a lovely old G12-65. 

Still have the headshell incase a nice Ceriatone or the likes shows up for cheap one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • *Aaron**Aaron* Frets: 93
    Great looking guitar…have a bump  :)

*Aaron* said:
    Great looking guitar…have a bump  :)

Cheers mate. Bump again.

Appreciate the trade offers but really just after a 54 Custom, much the same as @Jimihendrix1987 is selling. 

I'm starting to consider listing my rosewood Jason Smith 61' Strat that is pictured above. 
  • spir4Lspir4L Frets: 90
    Between this one and the Nacho on another advert probably the best two telecasters I have ever seen  =) 
    GLWTS!
  • Amazing Tele, It looks awesome ! Hopefully you are lucky (so maybe I will be too :D…)
    edited August 24
    Thanks guys, thank you for the kind comments. It is lovely. 

Thanks for the trade offers, some extremely tempting ones at that. If I wasn't so fixed on a 54 Custom it would certainly be gone by now and I'd be playing a Frost Blue Firebird!

Price drop. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Strat now added
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
    @ryanverbena ;

A sensational guitar! Very tempted to have it back, but trying to curb my excesses.  =)

Cheers Steve, legend! 
    Price dropped on the Strat 
    Bump
    Final price drop on these - thanks again for the trade offers but really only after a 54 Custom. 
  • Rob0098Rob0098 Frets: 44
    Ah shame thought we might work out a trade for that lovely Tele!! Good luck with your sale Ryan!
    Sorry Rob! I did play a Murphy Firebird in the Gibson store the other day and it was absolutely lovely, as is yours I'm certain. But I also played a 54 Custom Staple neck - as nice as the Firebird was, the neck pickup on the 54' was "the sound" I'm after. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Broadcaster withdrawn, price drop on the Stratocaster. Most realistically aged relic you will find, so many just go too far with it these days!
  • Final price drop before I list it on the next eBay 80% off fees 
  • Bump
  • Bump, it's now on eBay, and I've allowed offers - god help me. 

Really want to move this one on so I can buy @Jimihendrix1987 54' Custom