HotRox - Sorted Now

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17862
edited November 2014 in FX tFB Trader
The B9 pedal I bought from HotRox broke a few weeks ago. 

I sent it back to them two weeks ago, but I've had no update from them despite sending them 4 emails. 

I've also put a message on their facebook which got no reply (someone else has done the same thing with no reply)

I phoned the shop yesterday and they claimed to have never received it, then told me they had received it, but it wasn't broken then they said that was wrong and someone would phone me back, but surprise surprise they didn't. 

I'm deeply unimpressed. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31094
    The B9 pedal I bought from HotRox broke a few weeks ago. 

I sent it back to them two weeks ago, but I've had no update from them despite sending them 4 emails. 

I've also put a message on their facebook which got no reply (someone else has done the same thing with no reply)

I phoned the shop yesterday and they claimed to have never received it, then told me they had received it, but it wasn't broken then they said that was wrong and someone would phone me back, but surprise surprise they didn't. 

I'm deeply unimpressed. 
    I have to say I've always been hugely impressed by their CS.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I had this with another shop with a Germanium Muff, they claimed to have sent my pedal back to EHX who had said nothing was wrong with it, i was adamant there was as the overdrive side sounded nothing like it should have.

They weren't having it, so I stopped suddenly and said "Do you do part ex trade ins on pedals?", he said they did so i grabbed the pedal and said I'd like to trade that one in please thank you very much.

They sorted it out after that strangely
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17862
    tFB Trader
    I sent them a shitty message earlier and they've just confirmed they've got it and are sorting it.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I've had bad experiences with them. I will steer away from them in the future unless they have something I can't get elsewhere.
  • I've always had great service from Hotrox - they even rang me up once because my order looked wrong (wrong cable and plug combination) and they were right. I've never had to return anything broken mind - it only takes that one bad experience to put you off using someone again - and to get the word out there!
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    It seems from reading various threads over the years its on returns that hotrox doesn't do very well on the customer service front
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hotrox are actually amazing on the customer service front. There is a reason that they're my go to shop. Mark is always straight about things and has done me favours in the past that were beyond reasonable expectation when it came to refunds and exchanges.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 675
    A bit of hassle here too. Bought a pedal that was 'in stock' but it never got delivered. After a week or so, I phone up and it turns out the pedal in question was the shop demo (the last one) and was in no fit state for sale apparently, so I was offered a refund. Fine, but then it took ages to get my refund. Just seemed they were happy to take my money and hope for the best. Took a few emails and phone calls to sort out. 

I have bought stuff there previously and since with no problems, so maybe it was a one off. Everyone I spoke to was pleasant enough though.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17862
    tFB Trader
    I sent a fairly shitty email as I was getting a bit fed up. (The whole "we'll call you back", but not doing really winds me up)

They sent an email back apologizing and saying they had some problems with their emails so I don't know if that's true or if they just didn't bother to reply until I got arsey. 

They claim it's already been replaced and is on the way back to me.