SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[Guitars for Sale]

What's Hot

Comments

• A link to'the photos, it's the best i can do know
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you very much JezWynd !
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    edited September 14

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you :)
    <space for hire>
  • Thank you all mates  :3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
    Thank you very much JezWynd !
    No problem. Good luck with your sales, it's a tough market at present. That's a lovely Jag btw.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    No replica guitars for sale here sir. Best check the rules before selling.
  • ok forgot my 59 telecaster in the list 
  • Strat54 said:
    But ...

Bravewood, Gosia, SVL, MBGuitars, .....
  • Strat54 said:
    But ...

Bravewood, Gosia, SVL, MBGuitars, .....
    I think the rules are that if it’s got a fender logo or even a fender neck for example but it isn’t a fender guitar then it can’t be advertised 
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1332
    You don’t have a 1971 Fender Stratocaster. You have a 1971 Fender neck with a load of non-Fender parts bolted on to it.
  • Yes ok, i will wrote a partcaster stratocaster with an original 1971 Fender neck & neck plate !
  • Yes ok, i will wrote a partcaster stratocaster with an original 1971 Fender neck & neck plate !
    No - as per my PM, it needs to be removed completely. That guitar cannot be sold legally in the UK.
    <space for hire>
  • PawnShopGuitarsPawnShopGuitars Frets: 15
    edited September 14
    Sorry but i don't understand the logic ...

I bought the guitar in UK from Richard Henry

The Neck is an original 1971 neck with the original neckplate 

The body is from UK SC Relic now Golden era Age Guitars

The pickups cames from UK : Radioshop

The bridge & Saddles cames from callaham

But ... if i had no other option i will delete it
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 899
    digitalscream said:

"No - as per my PM, it needs to be removed completely. That guitar cannot be sold legally in the UK."

I've never fully understood the 'legal' position of this, although of course I understand and respect the forum's in house rules on this matter.

As an example, PMT currently have a Cornell Plexi 7 for sale badged as a Marshall with a clear explanation in their description. Not sure if they're just lucky in getting away with this or whether the law is not quite as simple as it seems.
  • RevMatt said:
    digitalscream said:

"No - as per my PM, it needs to be removed completely. That guitar cannot be sold legally in the UK."

I've never fully understood the 'legal' position of this, although of course I understand and respect the forum's in house rules on this matter.

As an example, PMT currently have a Cornell Plexi 7 for sale badged as a Marshall with a clear explanation in their description. Not sure if they're just lucky in getting away with this or whether the law is not quite as simple as it seems.
    They're lucky in getting away with it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyway the two disputed guitars are removed ... but always available for sale !
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 579
    RevMatt said:
    digitalscream said:

I’d imagine it’s simply misappropriating a registered trademark? Whether you openly acknowledge the item to not be what the branding suggests it is or not, it still remains that a third-party has manufactured an item and implemented iconography from the brand which hasn’t licensed the usage of said branding. 

I’m sure it’s quite nuanced and not as cut-and-dried as that - I’m not even close to being qualified to comment, so could be talking utter gibberish. Very open to correction.