rehousing a cry baby as a fixed wah?

alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 364
I've got the guts of a standard cry baby lying about so was wondering if any of you guys have ever put them in a normal enclosure as a fixed wah?
Any mods for extra control would be awesome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I really like that as an idea. I guess as controls you'd want variable Q and "rocker position" at least.
  • Thinking about it volume control could be useful.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    MXR do one for Kerry King.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Easy enough to do. Just wire a pot in the place of the treadle pot. You can have all sorts of fun with other settings, but when I've done it I tend to keep it simple. Though I've done a couple with a Tim Sult mod (basically grafting an LFO in there to do Tim's wobbly wah thing).
  • Cool, might just keep it simple like you said. I'm only really after cocked wah sounds but was just wondering what else I could do with it.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
  • There she is.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I should really have said something in my post too, it wasn't intended to be flippant haha

I've never played one, nor do I know the general opinions on them, but I assume it is pretty good judging by dunlops usual standards.

Seems that there is only one on ebay at £160, so might not be financially worth it.  If you want a fun project to have a look at rehousing, please keep us posted on how it turns out :)
  • I'll have a go at a doing it myself over Christmas. That's basically the control's and layout I'm after so thanks for posting.