NGD Gold top content

What's Hot
skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 1018
So i sold 1 and traded 2 guitars in total to get this so I now have just 4 and I’m pondering which one I’m going to sell to get back down to 3
A few months ago I bought an Ivison Dakota and since getting it have basically played nothing else so when I saw this at Leo and Teds ( Tim is an absolute pleasure to deal with and his customer service is second to none ) I knew I wanted to try it and having just sold my 336 and having my Les Paul and a 40th anniversary Strat to offer as trades I set the wheels in motion.
It’s an Ivison Hurricane 57 gold top with his in house underwound PAF pick ups. I went and tried it and instantly it felt like I’d owned it for years. It is a superb guitar…the gold colour is perfect with a bit of checking you can see if you zoom in on the pics. The top carve looks like a vintage guitar and the fretboard is dark. It plays and sounds fantastic clean and dirty and I’ve already gigged it at a couple of festivals.
So yes I’m lucky enough to own two Ivisons but I’ve sold 3 really good guitars to get this one.
I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 24reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Niiiice :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow. That's my bucket list guitar! 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 14037
    Ooooooooof.  That's a bit nice...
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 548
    edited September 17
    That, as they say, is a beauty! Perfect level of relicing for me.
  • hoopshoops Frets: 240
    Wow. Just wow!
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 12001
    tFB Trader
    That's gorgeous - love a gold top - well done that man!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4127
    Absolute rocket, mate. Enjoy.
  • That's a great guitar and Tim is indeed a top bloke. 
  • That’s a stunner! Never played one but would love to 
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 1018
    Thanks for all the good comments…if I get a chance I’ll do a sound clip of it at some point
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 947
    Ooodlf that's special 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5229
    Very nice indeed. I think I saw that one in L&Ts a few weeks ago, looked lovely.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 380
    Yep, I like gold tops, I used to have a 57 LP but the neck was too thick for my liking. What is the neck on this one like? 
    icu81b4 said:
    Yep, I like gold tops, I used to have a 57 LP but the neck was too thick for my liking. What is the neck on this one like? 
    It’s not a baseball bat…I would say it’s more like a 59 LP size.
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 226
    Neil's guitars are just the best!! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    skaguitar said:
    icu81b4 said:
    It’s not a baseball bat…I would say it’s more like a 59 LP size.
    I've never measured the actual dimensions of Neil's guitar necks - But based on feel and handling many guitars, I'd say it is a tiny weeny touch slimmer than an R9 - But more meat than say a PRS wide/fat - So based on that then I'd guess something like 980/990" around the 12th fret and maybe 850/860" around the 1st fret 
  • Absolute stunner! I did a deal with Tim a few years ago for my R8 and he is just a top bloke so love to see Leo & Teds still going strong. I have an Ivison DC Junior which is everything I ever wanted it to be. Currently saving for a Dakota in that distressed black finish Neil has used recently for another Dakota or two. Can’t beat Ivison guitars 
    Absolute stunner! I did a deal with Tim a few years ago for my R8 and he is just a top bloke so love to see Leo & Teds still going strong. I have an Ivison DC Junior which is everything I ever wanted it to be. Currently saving for a Dakota in that distressed black finish Neil has used recently for another Dakota or two. Can’t beat Ivison guitars 
    Thanks …Tim is a top bloke… and Neil’s guitars are so well built and sound superb.
    that distressed black is a great colour….i also really like the korina Dakota’s.
    edited September 22
    I did a quick video just playing through some basic chords on each pick up just to give a rough idea of sounds. It’s not the best as I recorded it on an iPhone (no fancy set up I’m afraid) going through a blues jnr Red October. It was barely on just over one on the volume control with the master full on 12. Bass,treble and middle halfway and a touch of amp reverb. Everything on the guitar was at 10
    No pedals used

https://youtu.be/R9IpGaj5Ugo?si=N0H0uk88uziDjdPp

hopefully the link works 

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5215
    Amazing! Enjoy

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...