G-Board / Motorola G54 weirdness

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25598
I've always used the Google 'gboard' keyboard on my android devices and it comes installed as default on my new Motorola g54 5g.  However, whilst it worked perfectly on my old Pixel, it's a nightmare on this! 

Continually suggesting drivel, not even real words for what I've typed.  I always use "glide typing" (sliding a finger around the screen over the letters you want etc).

Had anyone else had issues with G-Board like this recently? 

It's SO hard to get a complete sentence into it without it either suggesting nonsense or actually assuming I mean some esoteric word instead of the infinitely more common word that has a very closer swipe pattern. 

It's almost unstable (that was supposed to be unusable).

E.g.  I'm going to type the first verse from hotel California as accurately as I can and this is what it thinks I'm trying to type: 

On a dark desert highway, cool stuff in my hair, warm smell of committed riding up through the air, up ahead in the distance, a warm shimmering light.  My head few heavy she my daughter here from, I had to stop for the night.

It's fucking bsjit!!
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7448
    Switch it to another language, restart the device then switch back to English, should solve it.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25598
    What - the phone's system language or just GBoard's language ?

gboard
    On a dark desert highway, cool wine in my hair, warm smell of coloured riding up through the air, up ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering light, my head here heavy and my eyes here dim, I had to strip for the night. 

I think your suggestion has helped @tony99. ; It may not look it from the above text but I'm definitely correcting it less.  Thank you.

Emp_Fab said:
    On a dark desert highway, cool wine in my hair, warm smell of coloured riding up through the air, up ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering light, my head here heavy and my eyes here dim, I had to strip for the night. 

I think your suggestion has helped @tony99. ; It may not look it from the above text but I'm definitely correcting it less.  Thank you.
    ok matey!
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 582
    This is probably AI getting in the way. The spell check on my wife's Samsung just went doolally and seemed to forget half the dictionary of common words or started doing really weird substitutions. Maybe it's harder for AI to type on its virtual keyboard when it keeps giving itself hands with 7 fingers and two thumbs.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • I use glide typing too. I really wanted to like Gboard but it definitely doesn't work as well as SwiftKey in my experience, so I've switched back to that.

Having said that, I once typed "Dear Mr" and the next word SwiftKey suggested was "Batfanglers" :lol:
    I screenshotted it and sent it to them on Twitter, and they admitted that they had no idea where that had come from :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    "Dear Mr Batfanglers" :lol:   stop it ..  you're making my stitches hurt!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom