Boost for Fender SS22?

moz91moz91 Frets: 38
Any experiences with the SS22 combo?
wanna run the burn channel medium-hot crunch, giving me the scope to back the volume off or kick in a boost for a bit more gain. Volume boost will come from a graphic in the loop.
What boost pedals do you find work well? I'm guessing something relatively clean... Even thought about a micro amp but I'm not arsed about the slight volume boost you get from those. Used a joyo vintage OD which sounded shite :) works a treat with marshall-type amps but not this...
Also planning to swap the stock speaker for a v30 :)

Any thoughts??
Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    edited November 2014 tFB Trader
    I used to have one and I've had about a million ODs

The ultimate thing I tried was a Prince of Tone on overdrive mode. It sounded astonishingly good. 
    There have been a few King of Tone clones floating about recently on the classifieds so you might want to try one of them. 

The other thing that amp loves is the Liquid Sunshine which sounds great as a bit of hair on the clean and really tightens up the Burn channel. 

I've heard it also really loves the TC Spark, but I've never tried one to find out.
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    I'll check the KoT, not something im too familiar with!
    Liquid sunshine would be nice though, that's one of the big contenders I've been considering... sound lovely on their own too... Most importantly trying to sort an OD boost but I suppose if it doubles up as a crunch - bonus