Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Gear of the Year

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited November 2014
    richardhomer said:    Elixir Nanoweb Phospher Bronze Mediums, D' Addario 10-46 EXs..,,
    It's been a lean year....

Skarloey;412877" said:   I dunno. Cost a bit do those Elixirs...
    I financed them through Wonga...
    Jeez, next year is going to be a tough one for you.
    When you pay for those strings next year, they will only have cost you about £580 for the set  !

I even had to Google Wonga to confirm the life threatening interest rate - Representative 5853% APR - gulp.

I do hope that wasn't a pack of three you bought !

Neil said:    A pack of D'Addario's and some plectrums.  :(
    Is this a case of  "one-down-man-ship" ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495

Worst Guitar - Rickenbacker 610 - Its just shit. I can't even dress it up

I feel a little bad about this, seeing as I sold it to you! I actually really liked it apart from the too-skinny-for-my-claws neck. Sorry :(

My own highlights have to be:
    Strymon El Capistan - just what I was looking for in a delay.
    DeArmond M75T - just a fucking awesome guitar.
    Laney Cub 15 Head and cab - a superb home and studio valve amp

• This year I bought and sold more stuff than I have in a long time. The Zoom stuff has made me seriously reconsider my pedals---out go lots of singles and in come a B3 and a G3. They're multifx with (Almost) all the ease of use of single pedals. Love them.

Instrument wise out went two guitars and in came one---a G&L M-2000 tribute. Fantastic thing, can't recommend it enough. 

• NPPNPP Frets: 237
    I think the only gear I bought this year was a modded Soul Food which is quite nice but currently not needed. 

My best guitar-related purchases were a heat gun, scraper, a tin of beeswax and one of Danish oil to de-poly and refinish my Strat (see here). I had fallen out of love with the thing and thought it a bit lifeless, but now it's really good and I'm enjoying it very much. 

• mr_airmr_air Frets: 24
    I haven't bought any guitars this year but managed to get my hands on a Strymon Timeline and Mobius. I have also bought two Sacred Groove moded MTS modules for my Egnater MOD50 amp. One is a take on the Marshall JMP 2003 and 2004 and the other a Bogner Überschall. Both really delivers the goods.
  • I feel pretty happy with my GAS for this year, highlights would be:

2007 gibson Les Paul standard in iced tea- huge moment for me personally, always wanted a les Paul, my dream guitar and after saving and grafting my backside off I finally achieved my dream

@Forge 'the face' pedal- the best fuzz face you can get. Not really much more to add to that!

@Forge 'troubled rooster' vintage style tri voice boost. A range master and then some. The latest addition to my board, killer pedal

Frederick effects zombie klone - my secret weapon. Is switched on pretty much the whole time I'm playing, just adds dynamics and punch to the sound. Had more compliments on my live sound than ever before since getting this

Virtual batteries from thegigrig- brilliant little things
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I've had a fun year, despite quitting the band and spending much of 2014 unemployed, I think I now have the gear that makes me practice and write better. The 62 ri strat I bought is the perfect guitar for me, I'm very comfortable on strats and this Japanese one is a real killer. I've moved away from pedals and amps and gone down the modelling rack route with the original pod pro, there's something very satisfying about turning up to a rehearsal with just my guitar and a two unit rack, but still getting inspiring tones. I'm now writing with a new band, where I'm back to being the key songwriter and it's made me think about tones and the impact of my playing style. No more "live" backing tracks for me, I'm back to writing and performing music for myself, not for the success or bragging rights of others.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Fishman Tripleplay. Has transformed my recordings.

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    I've not bought a lot this year to be honest.

A Yamaha FG450SA from guitarguitar for £50, unbelievable guitar for the money

My partsocaster which stopped me from dropping £1500 on an american vintage.

An Ibanez CSL Chorus pedal  - £25 from ebay, lovely :)

A Boss TWAH 1- £40

Lovepedal Hi Volt

A chubby chimp boost pedal £17 :D

Low points- An ibanez Jet Driver, still not sure why i bought it, very meh.

Excited for next year though :D
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    edited November 2014
    No pics I'm afraid, but...

...and this purchase arrived a tad over a year ago, but nevertheless, #1 is still

Catalinbread Belle Epoch - this pedal is just so me. Still just as pleased I bought it.

I should also mention the 

Zoom G3 - I'm not really one for modellers, but it's a grand practice tool and also a little box of "other" effects that I haven't got and don't use much but sometimes want to play with.

If I've to put a low point, it'll probably be

Peavey Blazer. The spring reverb version of the Peavey Rage. Was hoping for what I loved about the Bandit but in a smaller package. It's not that. It's not very good at anything. It's not bad; it just is what it is, and what it is is a cheap old little practice amp. 
  • It's been a quiet year for me but..

Japan (1992) Squier Strat - I found this and thought I'd clean it up and sell it on but I've ended playing it more than any of my other guitars ( until the next one maybe?)

Exar Octavian - interesting analog octave pedal. Good build quality and some interesting sounds to play with.

Harley Benton Powerplant Jr. I've only had a few days but so far I'm pretty impressed. Very quiet

... Might be an amp incoming to pep things up a bit. Maybe.
  • tbmtbm Frets: 586
    edited November 2014
    Didn't think I'd get up to much gear changing this year as there was LOADs of changes in 2013, but there's been a bit of activity.

In:
    Fender CS Strat
    Fender Pro Junior
    Zvex Super Duper 2in1
    Rothwell Love Squeeze

Out:
    Fender CIJ Jaguar
    TS9 Tube Screamer
    MXR Super Comp
    Exar Tremolo

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.