207 mph on a bicycle

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5091
Hope this is not a duplicate of an earlier post, found it on the BBC Sport website:

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20141110-watch-207mph-on-a-bicycle
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74281
    edited November 2014
    "BBC Worldwide (International Site)

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes.

Instead this website is supported by advertising outside the UK."

So rather than letting it be viewed, with the ads, from inside the UK, they just block it... and now I go over to Youtube, search "bbc 207 mph bicycle" and watch the clip. The only real difference is that Youtube gets the ad revenue and not the BBC.

Do the idiots who thought up this policy actually understand how the internet works?

The 207mph bicycle is pretty cool though. If a little hair-raising…!

There is a proper BBC page too, it just wasn't coming up in the search at first for some reason.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30007505

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I like the way he is still in denial, but really who gives a fook when you can say you have done 207mph on a bicycle.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom