IT Gurus (Mac)

GassageGassage Frets: 31568
I have an issue with my MacBook Pro. After browsing Facebook or YouTube for a time, it black screens and wNts to be rebooted? Any ideas?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There are sooooo many snarky responses to this, but I'm going to take the high road on the basis that somebody will be along with those comments later...

- What year was it made?
    - Do you notice it getting particularly hot before this happens? If so, is the heat localised in any particular area of the base?
    - Have you tried using a different browser? If it does the same thing, does it take longer to get to the crash point?

<space for hire>
  • Do you get something like a grey blind dropping down from the top of the screen just before this happens? I had this happen with my iMac some months back. I booked myself into the local Apple Shop Genius Bar. They first ran Hardware checks, which were fine. They didn't locate any specific obvious software problem, but it was felt to be software related. Fortunately I had done a recent back-up, so they reinstalled the Apple software - they actually offered to update from Snow Leopard to Mavericks, and the computer has been fine since. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11954
    tFB Trader
    This software that lets you control fan speeds manually has saved my Mac that got itself into overheating problems

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• GassageGassage Frets: 31568
    Do you get something like a grey blind dropping down from the top of the screen just before this happens? I had this happen with my iMac some months back. I booked myself into the local Apple Shop Genius Bar. They first ran Hardware checks, which were fine. They didn't locate any specific obvious software problem, but it was felt to be software related. Fortunately I had done a recent back-up, so they reinstalled the Apple software - they actually offered to update from Snow Leopard to Mavericks, and the computer has been fine since. 

Exactly that

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.