£150 of Hotrox Credit - What to buy?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Free the Tone Flight Time.
    Not a bad idea and it does have MIDI (which is a requirement for a high end delay) however it's a lot more than the Pigtronix and seems to have less features (though the big screen would be useful)
    Massive difference in quality. If you want a H9 I may take your voucher in p/ex.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2373
    edited November 2014
    This is why I hate having credit notes. :( They either don't stock something you genuinely want/need, or as you said, aren't competitive in price. But you're scared to leave it too long in case it expires or the shop goes bust or whatever.

(I got palmed off with one from MusicStore a while back and ended up just getting some stuff as I figured that was better than losing it if the shop went bust or something, or refused to honour it if I waited too long.)
    ICBM said:
    ZVex Box Of Rock or any of the other ZVex pedals at £152. A quick check shows Thomann are only three quid cheaper, plus shipping.
    Few packs of strings would get you over the free shipping amount on Thomann... plus you have a 3 year warranty with Thomann.

Unless you have a credit card with free foreign transactions, it's likely to be no cheaper on Thomann, though. IIRC I get hit the guts of 3%.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    monquixote;413865" said:
    impmann said:

Yup - great pedal. I'm considering shifting mine on tho...

How much do you want for it?
    £120 delivered.

Pm me if interested. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17687
    tFB Trader
    Free the Tone Flight Time.
    Not a bad idea and it does have MIDI (which is a requirement for a high end delay) however it's a lot more than the Pigtronix and seems to have less features (though the big screen would be useful)
    Massive difference in quality. If you want a H9 I may take your voucher in p/ex.
    Between which and which?

I know they keep going on about 32 bit floating point processing in the Free The Tone, but the £100 Zoom units have that. 
    tFB Trader
    Well the Echolution 2 Deluxe is winging it's way to me (hopefully) so I'll let you know when I get it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Just on their site, they stock Cioks stuff if you ever wanted to upgrade your power supply?

Just trying to think of things perhaps they sell, that other UK shops don't stock.

However the Echo2 looks immense and might take some beating... so this is me throwing in the towel
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    Just on their site, they stock Cioks stuff if you ever wanted to upgrade your power supply?

Just trying to think of things perhaps they sell, that other UK shops don't stock.

However the Echo2 looks immense and might take some beating... so this is me throwing in the towel
    That's actually what I would have gone for, but I have a Hot Stone Deluxe so there isn't a lot of PSU upgrading to be done!