hd147

On many of the other line 6 products there is a method to determine the position of each rotary dial according to the underlying value held within the current active patch, e.g hold SAVE or TAP and move dials whilst observing LEDs etc. Is this possible on the hd147?
My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've just flicked through the manual, and it makes no mention of that feature

But, neither does the Flextone 3 manual, but the FAQ says this:
    Q: How do I find out the stored settings in a particular Flextone Patch?
    A: To find out the stored settings in any given Flextone program, hold down the SAVE button while turning a knob. The Manual button will light until you reach the knobs stored setting, at which time the Manual light will turn off and the location of the knob will reflect it's stored setting. Hold down SAVE and TAP to view the secondary settings.

I'd try it on the HD147, as they're very similar software wise to the Flextones (obviously different amp models/styling.)
  • no save button on the hd147 :-(
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Might be worth popping into the Line 6 forum for a heads up here. But my guess is it has similar functionality to the Flextone 3...the hd147 was effectively a Flex 3 head.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Ah.

Looks like it sucks to be you then!

You could do it with Midi, with a USB-Midi cable and the Line 6 Edit software, but not exactly what you asked.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    When none of the A, B, C, or D buttons are lit the amp's in manual mode which means all the controls are active and the sound of the amp is determined by the knob settings.

If you dial in a sound you like simply hold down button A, B, C or D for three seconds and it will be saved. There's no way of seeing what the saved knob settings are on the front of the amp.

You can connect the amp to a PC via midi and use the editing software.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!