Joanne Shaw Taylor and Bernie Marsden

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16382
Not long come out the gig in Birmingham, trying not to look like a potential mugging victim at the train station.
That was properly good.
JST lacks a bit of stage craft mebbe ( especially in contrast to Bernie) but some serious blues chops and great tone ( better than Bernie's tonight - drop that PRS amp dude, I've heard you better through Marshalls).
Apparently she's back there on 16/12/14 for a BBC Xmas thing? Will have to look it up.
You can take the girl out of Birmingham but you can't take the,etc...
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bizarre double post of new Discussion if a modmin can tidy up ? Ta :-h
  • Quite a few clips on YouTube now. I know I'm just amusing myself here but I'll park this clip here anyway.
  • I will have to watch this later. Definitely interested. I really like JST's stuff. I got Diamonds in the Dirt on iTunes donkeys ago when it came out (well, it wasn't that many years but you know what I mean). She's a bit good is ol' Jo... 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Not my clips on YouTube BTW, might look like I'd implied that. Properly impressive, lot of funky chops too.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    That's still a great song, but needs DC to sing it.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • I get the impression David's voice is pretty much shot these days. Bernie is a great on stage character, pity he isn't doing a full band tour.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23630

I'd never listened to Joanne Shaw Taylor until recently, for some reason I was under the impression she was some kind of child prodigy novelty act.... no idea where I got that from. 

Anyway, I finally listened to one of her albums and liked it more than most blues-rock I've heard recently.  I'll watch the YouTube clip later.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997

I nearly went to see them at Stockton Arc ... I didn't

:(

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    close2u said:

I nearly went to see them at Stockton Arc ... I didn't

:(

Me too - I was busy that night.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23630
    I've watched that clip now.  Takes me back!  I'm not really a Whitesnake fan any more, but I bought Lovehunter on the day it was released back in 1979 and that was my favourite track.  :)
  • Just listening to "The Dirty Truth" (JST's new album) on Spotify now. I'm gonna have to buy it. It's a bit bloody good.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/