Volbeat - Rob Caggiano

Watched Volbeat at the Manchester Academy last night, not a massive fan but I was surprised at how many numbers I'd heard in passing; my overall opinion was that they are very polished and have a catchy set of songs; good band.

What actually triggered me to write this post was Rob Caggiano's sound; very impressed with the tight guitar tone and how his mid-range single note and wah lines cut through yet his power chords aren't overpowering as a result.

I had a look at his rig online and obviously its complex and expensive but there must be some cool eq trick I need to learn to replicate something similar.
My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    It's the tea cosy hat.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I need one of them hats then.

Maybe Kabl could do a range?

Rob is a really good guitarist, he stepped into Danny Spitz's shoes, which is no small feat.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Death by Audio Interstellar pedal...?
  • Death by Audio Interstellar Overdriver Deluxe.. is on his floor board..  can't be solely down to this pedal though surely??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    mike_l said:

Rob is a really good guitarist, 

Edited for accuracy.  Thanks very much.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    RobDavies said:
    mike_l said:

Rob is a really good guitarist, 

Edited for accuracy.  Thanks very much.

:D cheeky monkey

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)