Amps you just HAD to go back to...

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
So everyone knows mine, and it's the VHT/Fryette Sig X. I just wasn't complete as a person without one. lol.

What is your amp that you sold and massively regretted and ended up going back?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sold a Hughes & Kettner 100watt amp a few years ago.

Regretted it for ages but can't find another the same

Amp was made in the 90's and had three channels.

Clean was SS but crunch and lead were valve.

Great bit of kit!!

• I've never re bought anything I've sold IIRC.

But I'd have another Recto again if I could afford and justify it.  I think I'd go for the Reborn this time though as it would be a little brighter/tighter than the Roadster on the gain channels which would suit my current needs more, I did like the one I tried out in a shop.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    1964 Centurion Hi-Fi Five

My first amp, in 1985. I didn't even know what the manufacturer was since the logo was missing apart from the letter 'e'. It wasn't working right and I didn't know valve amps were 'cool' then, it was just an old thing with a ratty sound and a lot of hum. I sold it immediately when I got my first Marshall - a Lead 12.

Years later it began to dawn on me that it might have been something quite interesting, since it was certainly rare, and that I could easily have fixed it if only I still had it. Last year, thanks to someone on here, I got another one. It's not bad actually! Not a great amp, but a nice thing to have in the house.

The funny thing is that I always thought it was ancient when I had the first one, but it was only twenty years old. My Trem-o-verb is that old now...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    AC30s - but only Dartford Road ones. 

I know I can't even lift one of the buggers these days, but I still want another...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• gubblegubble Frets: 1746

The Fender Twin Reverb

Ok i made a lot of money on it, but really wish i still had that amp

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Cornford Hellcat - First one was just too fierce no matter what valves I used or speakers I ran it through but I couldn't resist trying it again. I had the same results :(

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Whenever I am not sure what to get I get one of these. I have had 4 I think.

JCM800 2203 x2 - My favourite amp ever, just doesn't suit my current band.

Fender '59 Bassman x2 - Superb sounding, light, grunty and cool looking. But I miss 2x12 thump.

I don't have any of them at the moment but I will get another 2203 of some sort.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    edited November 2014
    A 1964 Centurion HI-FI Five that I sold to some bloke on the old Musicradar forum, unlikely that I'll find another ;)

Seriously though, I would like another Blackheart Handsome Devil Combo, I flipped it before giving it a proper chance
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bogner Shiva. I've had 2 heads and a combo - so far.....
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24355
    Mesa Dual Rectifier Solo Head.

I had an original 2 channel one in about 1996 and gigged the shit out of it. It was awesome.

I sold it because I needed rent money. Then the original 3 channel came out and it wasn't as good. And the Mini-Rec which sucks balls.

I finally got a series two 3 channel (the multi-watt) on Friday night and I've been grinning like an idiot ever since.

It feels like I've come home.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    In 2010 I sold a Fender CS Tweed Twin to buy a DR103.

In 2013, I sold the DR103 (partly through money and break up reasons)

They were the 2 best amps ever.

I recently bought a Tweed Twinolux and a DR103. Go figure.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I would say Hot Rod Deluxe, and was gearing up to buy either a HRD or BDRI after regretting selling one a few years previously, but then a second hand DRRI came up. 

Occasionally I think I'd like something with mid and presence controls and a bright switch, but then I remind myself I *could* just buy an EQ pedal if I was really that fussed. The hankering tends to pass.  

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31605
    4-hole Marshalls.
    I sold my last one in 1988; faffed around with so-called improved, modern amps for a couple of decades, then went back to non-MV Marshalls in 2008.

They just work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Dsl100 and the Jcm 900 4100 are the two for me. I've owned into double figures of these heads and they are always my first choice if I'm tone hunting. I'm also a big fan of the laney l20h, I've had a few of those
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    My list of amps i will buy again is short and not expensive...

But for me it would be an orange rocker 30 head and a Laney Ironheart 120 head.

If i had the space i would own both of those now along with my marshall
  • I never have looked back 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    I've bought two AC15C1s in the last few years, I shall probably buy a third one day :)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister