Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Coda Music - Righteous Service !

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    I found this price change quite amusing, under current special offers.  :)

http://www.coda-music.com/dunlop-ffm1-fuzz-face-mini-silicon-p-15922.html
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A fantastic shop and congrats on a great amp purchase. I own a Matchless Lightning and tried a few Badcats at Coda earlier the year by way of comparison. I think they are every bit as good as Matchless now with some added features. If I didn't have the Lightning (which I love) I'd get a Badcat in a heartbeat! Enjoy the new amp!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice.
    I want to see pics of it lighting up in the dark :)
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Here's mine lit up.

2reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerry... that's the best model of Bad Cat I've seen!
  • @JohnPerry nice gear, lovely cat :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9559
    edited November 2014
    Mr Perry... very nice display !!! Some lovely stuff there mate - great taste.

@MatthewShreddery Here is my Bad Cat lit up (apologies for the poor photo);

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Still awaiting your Maggie report  :-\"
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Got a used '58 from Doug a couple of months ago. Absolutely spot on service. Great prices and a great crew. Between them and Peach, us southerners are really spoiled!
  • Majorscale... while we're waiting, you could tell us your findings with your Maggie. :)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited November 2014 tFB Trader
    koss59 said:
    As far as Matchless go, I'm really meaning the high powered models like the C-30 and clubman. To me they were just too loud and bright for most gigs and quite untameable. That was in some large venues too. To me the badcat can get the same sort of sound but at all volume levels, they are also a touch smoother to my ears.
    A perfect summary mate...

In my limited Matchless experience, they will loud as anything and fantastic if you were playing Wembley Arena.... Which, surprisingly, I am not doing that often these days.

The Bad Cat is simply stunning at low volumes, and I'm talking bedroom volume here.

I've yet to unleash it a battle volume...
    Having had a DC30, a HC30 & 4x10 cab and 2 x Bad Cat Black Cat 30 2x12's i'll chuck my two peneth in...

The HC30 stack was a fabulous amp, really great sounding and a brilliant pose factor watching other muzo's jaws drop when they saw I had the audacity to take it to a pub gig. The DC30 (last of the Samson era) was flat as a turd, Really disappointing and the Black Cat (the original I sold due to nothing more than badge envy because I 'needed' a Matchless) was head and shoulders above it. I've got an early 2002 Black Cat (which is full of Matchless branded caps and resistors anyway so perhaps it's a cross pollination!).

Being able to play both brands side by side and A/B them, @koss59 & @Wazmeister are spot in that a Matchless needs to be driven to get the best out of it. They run REALLY hot too, all part of the original design. As the DC30 and Black Cat are essentially the same amp with the BC having a few circuit tweaks, the transformer moved for quieter operation for one, I thought the Black Cat had slightly more modern sound with the classic 3D swirl in abundance, loads of bottom end & harmonics just seem to jump out of those amps where as the Matchless had a slightly more vintage/AC30 hotrod vibe to it. The master was better for taming it on the Black Cat and it recorded wonderfully well too.

Both fantastic amps but there is a reason why I still have my Bad Cat and the Matchless now resides with Kenwyn House from Reef! :-)

The new CEO John has spent a lot of time refining the line up of amps at Bad Cat too, they had a period of having lots of models that were all slight variations on a theme. They've now streamlined the range and included all the best features in fewer amps.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I just want to try a classic deluxe to see the badcat take on the blackface sound -anyone tried??
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    pmg;417781" said:
    I just want to try a classic deluxe to see the badcat take on the blackface sound -anyone tried??
    No, but having my interest piqued by this thread I was checking out the Coda website this morning and the Classic Deluxe sounds right up my street, the Linited Edition one looks awesome in the two tone grey...definitely on my list of amps to try asap!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I live in the north west so trying one is not easily accessible