Morgan MV45

What's Hot
I picked up a used Morgan MV45 head from World Guitars over Summer, finally got round to recording it properly yesterday, what an amp. There aren't too many of these around (I think this one used to belong to Lew of this forum) so I thought I'd share the results of the recording with you, I'm going for the Jeff Beck tone here and the only things in the chain are an Effectrode Compressor and an Xotic RC Booster. Got so say I love this thing! The cab is a Suhr 1 x 12 which is also a thing of wonder.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• @Lew was this your one, if so it was my old one too. Really nice amp. I only got rid of it cos I needed a clean channel.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Yea and yes. Sounds lovely! I got rid because... wait, why? Can I have it back please? ;-)
  • Ah, I thought it was yours Lew! I wish I'd bought it from you, World Guitars are my friends but I still paid a 'shop price' rather than private sellers rate :(

Great amp, I'd love Joe's take on a Vox at some point. 
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    It's part of the tradition of that amp. I paid more than Ben paid. WG paid more than I paid and you paid more than WG paid. Just think what it'll be worth in a few years!

I don't think you overpaid for what it is for what it's worth. It's a brill amp and you make it sound great.

Did the bulb get replaced so that the M lights up?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha ha, maybe it's my retirement fund!

Actually it was working briefly but conked out pretty quickly (gave me a shock on a gig as I thought the amp was down!). Joe has told me what bulb to buy, I just need to get rounding to buying one. Thanks for watching and for your kind words guys.