Ride reform. Gigs in 2015.

What's Hot
I had a feeling this was coming, but it's welcome news for new fans and those of us who didn't get to see them first time round. http://thequietus.com/articles/16725-ride-reform
My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
I said maybe.....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    I have fond memories of getting stoned while the extended mix of Leave them All Behind played in the background.

These days though I neither smoke nor listen to Ride so make sure you go and smoke a big one for me. :)
  • Saw Mark Gardener last week supporting Thurston Moore.

Mind.

Numbingly.

Dull.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1230
    edited November 2014
    Wow. There's a great pic of 2014 Ride here. Bass player Steve Queralt hasn't aged a day in the last 22 years but who the f*ck is the the simian featured beardy bloke in the hat?! There's going to have to be a reunion with Mark Gardener's hair if this is going to work.

I saw Ride at the T&C when their first LP came out and I was struck for the first time by the realisation that the band I was watching were younger than me. Oh well, at least after all these years I finally have better hair than Mark Gardener.

I was interested to see in the Quietus bit that Slowdive have also reunited. The drummer in my first band suffered from insomnia and he could only sleep by having Slowdive playing on repeat on headphones that he wore in bed all night! 
    :-O
    Link to my trading feedback
  • Maybe we'll get a Heavy Stereo reunion too now Beady Eye have finished! :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24868

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    I was at their last UK gig in Dec '94 supporting Oasis and i've got tickets to this one as well, no 'pretending to like Ride' for me, but I do get the joke ok. 

Hope they bring out the Rickenbackers for these shows, plus they'll hopefully play some tracks from their last album Tarantula which would be great to hear live!

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• I saw them at the Albert Hall in 1994 from the royal box with Supergrass supporting, and i'll be seeing them next year too - I was able to get tickets for The Roundhouse.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4636
    edited November 2014
    My first gig was Ride supporting The Cure at Wembley Arena.

Love that band
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    I saw them at the Albert Hall in 1994 from the royal box with Supergrass supporting, and i'll be seeing them next year too - I was able to get tickets for The Roundhouse.
    You lucky man, I was there too but right at the back and at the the top! Tickets sold out in 30 minutes for the London gig I hear, lots of 40-something year old men with disposable incomes 'round these parts ;-D

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• They supported a band I was in, first time they played Oxford. I think we actually got dissed in an NME interview a year later.

So proud!
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Shoegaze lives, yes! :)
    Don't think they will, but would love Lush to reform also, and Slowdive...
  • Well, Slowdive are doing gigs at the moment. As for Lush? From what I've read, it's unlikely.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Bugger, missed out on tickets for London because they went so fast. I could do without spending the money though.

Great band, got into them fairly recently.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    Well, Slowdive are doing gigs at the moment. As for Lush? From what I've read, it's unlikely.
    By crikey you're right, I'd somehow missed that, cheers for informing me! :)